Steps to reproduce:
1. create a MEMO [LONVARCHAR] field (eg: "object_description")
2. create a form with a control field for "object_description" (either as multiline or formatted text)
3. input some text into the record
4. save everything and close base
5. open base and load the database again
- no text is now saved into the record
- text will be safely saved and kept
NOTE: I thought it may be related to the multiline input in the control box; but actually changing the field to TEXT [VARCHAR], even with a very long fixed number of characters, like 10000, seems to be working fine. The problem must be related with the MEMO [LONVARCHAR] kind of field.
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 220.127.116.11 release
Can't confirm for OpenSUSE 64bit rpm, LO 18.104.22.168
(In reply to comment #0)
What backend database are you using, and how do you connect to it?
Especially if you are using an embedded database (HSQLDB or Firebird),
an attachment deomonstrating the problem would be most helpful.
LibreOffice 4.0.3 is quite old. Can you try a newer version and see
if the problem still exists? For that matter, has this ever workied
When you reply, please set the bug status back to UNCONFIRMED.
Adding self to CC if not already on
No feedback since more than 6 months, let's put this one to WFM
Carlo: don't hesitate to reopen this tracker if you can reproduce this with recent LO version (4.4.1 or 4.3.6). In this case, please tell which DB backend you use.