Created attachment 81097 [details]
Spreadsheed with the two tables mentioned in the description.
I want to copy and insert cells/line with CTRL-SHIFT-V.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new spread sheet
2. Add 7 lines to the default table containing A,B,C,...G in colum A
3. Mark lines 5-7 in table 1 and press CTRL-C
4. Try CTRL-SHIFT-V - do not press OK but CANCEL:
In A1 - the dialog offers "move cells"
In A2 - the dialog offers "move cells"
In A3 - the dialog greyed out "move cells"
=> looks as if "move cells" get disabled/greyed if the ranges overlap
5. Add a new table and add 3 lines containing H,I,J. The lines copied in step 3 are still in the clippboard.
5. Try CTRL-SHIFT-V in table 2 as in step 4
=> same behaviour as in step 4
=> looks as if "move cells" get disabled/greyed if the ranges overlap even if they are in different tables.
=> "move cells" disabled if ranges overlap in same table
=> "move cells" disables if ranges overlap even in different tables - which is in fact not even an overlap.
=> "move cells" should always be offered.
Not sure what the implications are if ranges actually overlap. I do not see a problem in inserting blank lines/cells and the fill them up with the contents of the clipboard.
I guess that "move cells" is "Shift cells" in standard UI.
Confirm reproducible on LO 184.108.40.206 (Win7 32bit)
I will have a look into this, given its probable relation with bug 44383 and bug 56098.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 65856 ***
Please use bug 65856 and attachment for reference. Regarding bug 44383 we probably need to distinguish between cut and copy.