Created attachment 81417 [details]
A dialog with the message.
Build ID: 1b3956717a60d6ac35b133d7b0a0f5eb55e9155
When I try to open a corrupted word 2007 file using LibreOffice, one of the Dialogs that explains the error has a string that reads 'The file '$(ARG1) could not be repaired and therefore cannot be opened.'
Can you please attach a corrupted Word doc here?
Created attachment 81755 [details]
WOrd file which shows $(ARG1)
(In reply to comment #1)
> Can you please attach a corrupted Word doc here?
Attached is the file which cased the stated message. This is on Windows 7, x64. How I got to this:
1) while editing the file MS Word 2007, my PC was shutdown improperly and the file got corrupted.
2) when I try to open using Word, it said, the file is corrupt. Then i clicked the "Details" button it reads, "> is missing at line 2, col 42377".
3) I tried to open in LO 4.1 and it said "Cannot Open. General input/output error."
4) I opened the file in Notepad++ and added > at end of line 2(just ignoring the big column stated)
4) Word still does not open it.
5) Tried toopen in LO 4.1, and got the message.
Confirmed with LibreOffice 4.1 (own build).
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today, I reproduced the problem.
(so not Windows only)
I had another popup afterwards indicating this:
Id 3878 only handled by SimpleErrorHandler
This is my last commit:
Author: Andrzej J.R. Hunt <email@example.com>
Date: Sun Aug 11 23:56:36 2013 +0100
Tables header fixes.
I could not reproduce this error.
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today, I got a pop with general input/output error and on console this:
:1: parser error : Document is empty
From comment 3 I take it to mean that the file was corrupted by Word and not LO.
I tried to extract the content xml file, which was the only file, using 7zip but it failed with CRC error.
Changed to RESOLVED INVALID.