Created attachment 81696 [details]
Example .doc with problematic hyperlink issue
Steps to reproduce:
1. Type Text
2. Highlight text with cursor and select the "Hyperlink" icon from toolbar (or Insert>Hyperlink).
3. Enter web address into Target field & click Apply, then Close.
4. Click "Enter" and type in text (on the new line).
5. Select File>Save As, select Microsoft Word 97/200/XP/2003 (.doc)(*.doc) and click Save.
6. Close document.
7. Double-click on document to open.
8. Anywhere a hyperlink has been added (without subsequent text on the same line) will now have an inserted blank line between the link and the text below.
Note: Using same steps, except using .odt or .docx file format (step 5) does not seem to yield this issue.
-When saving a document as a .doc that includes hyperlinks followed by no text on that line, a blank line is inserted below when reopened (after saving, or course).
-Closing and reopening a .doc does not add line spaces after hyperlinks.
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 184.108.40.206 release
Last worked in: 220.127.116.11 release
Created attachment 81697 [details]
Untitled 1.doc, example of line insertion
Created attachment 81698 [details]
Untitled 1.docx, doesn't show problem with same steps
Created attachment 81699 [details]
Untitled 1.odt, doesn't show problem with same steps
Thanks for the clear report.
Since the hyperlink in your example is a field, and the end-of-the-line situation is the same, it must a duplicate of 64989.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 64989 ***