If a table is the first thing in a Writer document, you cannot use "file->select all" (or control-) to select the entire document, even if you are outside the table.
Steps to reproduce:
* Start a new Writer document
* Insert a table
* Go outside the table at the end of the document and type some stuff
* Leave the cursor in the text outside the table
* Use File->Select All or press control-A to attempt to select everything
* Notice that only the table is selected. If you try Control-A again, there is no change.
* In the above example, insert a blank line before the table.
* NOW you can select the whole document by clicking outside the table and using File-Select All.
We encountered this bug in LO 4.1, and then discovered it is in LO 4.0, OO 3.4, and OO 3.2.1. So it has probably been around a loooong time.
(In reply to comment #0)
> We encountered this bug in LO 4.1, and then discovered it is in LO 4.0, OO
> 3.4, and OO 3.2.1. So it has probably been around a loooong time.
thanks for writing. Indeed it's very old behaviour, related to the way table-text object are handled in the document. Ah well. Not easy to change.
(Happily, when you work with styles properly, Ctrl-A is not needed that often ;) )
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 37606 ***