Created attachment 85252 [details]
LibraryPassword.ods (after step 5)
When a document (calc/writer...) contains a macro in a library protected by password and runs "thisComponent.store" instruction, the password no longer allows to open the library.
Steps to Reproduce:
Open the attached LibraryPassword.ods spreadsheet and continue to step 6, or follow steps 1-5 below and continue.
1. File> New> Spreadsheet
2. Tools> Macros> Organize> LibO Basic, click Organizer, tab Libraries, location:Untitled 1, click New, name Library1, Ok
3. Click Password: foo (confirm), Ok
4. Click Edit: in Module1 of Library1, create the following macro:
5. Save the document normally (without using the macro Main) and close it.
6. Reopen the document
7. Tools> Macros> Run macro> LibraryPassword.ods> Library> Module1> Main.
8. Tools> Macros> Organize> LibO Basic> LibraryPassword.ods> Library
Type the password (foo).
Expected result: password verified and ability to edit
Actual result: error message "Incorrect Password", access denied
- Reproduced (fr-users) with Windows XP & 188.8.131.52
- Does not occur with OpenOffice
- By cons, once the password corrupted with LibreOffice, it is also rejected with OpenOffice
- Does not seem to occur with 3.x releases
- Bug vicious, macros always work and you can not see that the library cannot be edited
- Thousands of lines of code currently inaccessible, besides the bug fix, a recovery process corrupted documents would be welcome
May be related to bug 68983
Added the keyword dataloss in the summary.
(This is an automated message.)
Setting priority to highest as this is a 4.1 MAB. This is part of an effort to make the importance of MAB reflected in priority too.
please retest against newly released LibO 184.108.40.206
if issue is still there please move it to the mab4.2 list
(In reply to comment #4)
> please retest against newly released LibO 220.127.116.11
> if issue is still there please move it to the mab4.2 list
Still occurs in Version: 18.104.22.168
Build ID: 63150712c6d317d27ce2db16eb94c2f3d7b699f8
move to mab4.2
Cannot reproduce on master
Author: Markus Mohrhard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri May 30 05:15:01 2014 +0200
remove fsanitize=address from libgetuid.so makefile
which, in particular, has the fix for bug 68983. This bugs also "smells" like a DUP of bug 68983, so marking as such. Please reopen if you can reproduce with any version where bug 68983 is fixed:
- 22.214.171.124 (RC1): https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/?version=4.2.5
- any nightly (4.2, 4.3 or master) build after 26 May: http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 68983 ***
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (dataloss)