Bug Hunting Session
Bug 69630 - Possible incomplete registry modification
Summary: Possible incomplete registry modification
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 68756
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Installation (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.1.1.2 release
Hardware: x86 (IA32) Windows (All)
: medium critical
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-09-21 03:48 UTC by af8c
Modified: 2013-09-21 20:46 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description af8c 2013-09-21 03:48:17 UTC
For Windows 7 Home Premium both cases explained below.
I installed 4.1.1.2 update in a Dell XPS8700 desktop with no problem.
Then I went to my ASUS netbook which had version 4.1.0.  I downloaded and
installed 4.1.1.2 but it won't run. It complains msvcrt100.dll cannot be found.
Well, msvcrt100.dll definitely is in C;\Windows\system32.

In addition, I believe but I can't prove now that using Windows 7 Home Premium DOS PROMPT and commanding "telnet" used to work until I did the 4.1.1.2 update.
Now the netbook says that telnet from that command line won't work because
telnet does not exist.  I followed Windows 7 instructions to re-enable telnet
but I get the same message.  YET I can run C:\Windows\System32\telnet.exe with
no trouble but that's the hard way to start telnet.

I am interpreting these several problems and symptoms to 4.1.1.2 in x32
in Windows 7 Home Premium having incompletely rebuilt the registry. I could be wrong but that's what I think it is.

So after these problems, I installed the latest Apache OpenOffice and it runs
fine. But the LO 4.1.1.2 problem still exists afterwards.  I am fearful of what
else 4.1.1.2 might have broken.
Comment 1 tommy27 2013-09-21 20:44:48 UTC
I think you faced the same issue of the above mentioned bug.

There was a build bug in the original 4.1.1.2 installer, now it should be fixed and a new installer is available for download on LibO website.

so try downloading again the 4.1.1.2 installer and see if this solves your problem.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 68756 ***
Comment 2 tommy27 2013-09-21 20:46:53 UTC
regarding the telnet issue I have no experience with it, but I suggest to file a separate bug report for it.

as said before the "msvcrt100.dll issue" is Bug 68756 and is a different problem.