Bug 71243 - i18n: add locale data for Burkina Faso [fr-BF]
Summary: i18n: add locale data for Burkina Faso [fr-BF]
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Localization (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
unspecified
Hardware: All All
: medium enhancement
Assignee: Eike Rathke
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard: target:4.2.0
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-11-05 03:48 UTC by David Delma
Modified: 2013-11-26 23:28 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
locale setting for West Africa /UEMOA (13.11 KB, text/plain)
2013-11-05 03:48 UTC, David Delma
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description David Delma 2013-11-05 03:48:32 UTC
Created attachment 88666 [details]
locale setting for West Africa /UEMOA

I generated a locale setting for my country by using the tool in http://www.it46.se/localegen. The file here attached is validated in www.validdome.org/xml

The new locale provides the XOF currency that is missing in libreoffice but used in 8 countries in West Africa. The locale data is good for the UEMOA zone : Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Cost, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo.

Thanks for adding it to libreoffice
Comment 1 Commit Notification 2013-11-05 20:28:22 UTC
Eike Rathke committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=63360cbe1c3c11f8eb627be83f519f5dd6c13a4e

added French (Burkina Faso) [fr-BF] locale data, fdo#71243



The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Comment 2 Eike Rathke 2013-11-05 20:29:52 UTC
Thanks!

Test compiling this I got
Error: ListSeparator not ';' semicolon. Strongly recommended. Currently required.
Warning: Time100SecSeparator is different from DecimalSeparator, this may be correct or not. Intended?
Warning: Don't forget to adapt corresponding FormatCode elements when changing separators.
Warning: QuotationStart may be wrong: U+00AB «
Warning: QuotationEnd may be wrong: U+00BB »

So I redefined ListSeparator to ';' semicolon.

Are you sure about the Time100SecSeparator being '.' dot instead of ',' comma that is DecimalSeparator?

QuotationStart/End should actually be the characters used for single quotation marks, as opposed to DoubleQuotationStart/End U+201E „ / U+201D ”
fr_FR uses
<‘> U+2018 LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
<’> U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
<«> U+00AB LEFT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
<»> U+00BB RIGHT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
Should it be the same for fr_BF?

The MS-LCID I newly assigned is 0x800C so it's now replaceTo="[$F-800C]" in <LC_FORMAT>

I also added the same <DateAcceptancePattern> elements as in the fr_FR locale to <LC_FORMAT>
    <DateAcceptancePattern>D/M</DateAcceptancePattern>
    <DateAcceptancePattern>D.M.Y</DateAcceptancePattern>
    <DateAcceptancePattern>D-M-Y</DateAcceptancePattern>
Comment 3 David Delma 2013-11-06 00:34:31 UTC
(In reply to comment #2)
> Thanks!
> 
> Test compiling this I got
> Error: ListSeparator not ';' semicolon. Strongly recommended. Currently
> required.
> Warning: Time100SecSeparator is different from DecimalSeparator, this may be
> correct or not. Intended?
> Warning: Don't forget to adapt corresponding FormatCode elements when
> changing separators.
> Warning: QuotationStart may be wrong: U+00AB «
> Warning: QuotationEnd may be wrong: U+00BB »
> 
> So I redefined ListSeparator to ';' semicolon.
> 
> Are you sure about the Time100SecSeparator being '.' dot instead of ','
> comma that is DecimalSeparator?

',' is good also. So let us take it.

> 
> QuotationStart/End should actually be the characters used for single
> quotation marks, as opposed to DoubleQuotationStart/End U+201E „ / U+201D ”
> fr_FR uses
> <‘> U+2018 LEFT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
> <’> U+2019 RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK
> <«> U+00AB LEFT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
> <»> U+00BB RIGHT-POINTING DOUBLE ANGLE QUOTATION MARK
> Should it be the same for fr_BF?

Yes.

> 
> The MS-LCID I newly assigned is 0x800C so it's now replaceTo="[$F-800C]" in
> <LC_FORMAT>
> 
> I also added the same <DateAcceptancePattern> elements as in the fr_FR
> locale to <LC_FORMAT>
>     <DateAcceptancePattern>D/M</DateAcceptancePattern>
>     <DateAcceptancePattern>D.M.Y</DateAcceptancePattern>
>     <DateAcceptancePattern>D-M-Y</DateAcceptancePattern>
Comment 4 Commit Notification 2013-11-06 11:51:14 UTC
Eike Rathke committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=3476768dc52dac9ed10a204ffcf000cd042d8993

corrected Time100SecSeparator and quotation marks, fdo#71243



The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Testing_Daily_Builds
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.