Created attachment 93529 [details]
zip file with screenshot1 from 4.1.4 showing correct range in formula; screenshot2 from 4.2 showing corrput formula; test1.xls test spredaheet
Problem description: range in formula corrupted by LO4.2 - OK in LO4.1.4
Steps to reproduce:
1. open file test1.xls - password is test
2. make tiny change
4. reopen - ranges are corrupted e.g. cell g3 on first sheet
see attached screen dumps - from LO4.1.4 which shows range should be f3:i3 - from LO4.2 where range has been corrupted to jb3:i3
Current behavior: range in formula is corrupted
Expected behavior: range should not be corrupted
Operating System: Linux (Other)
Version: 188.8.131.52 release
Last worked in: 184.108.40.206 release
Confirmed. Quirk from loading shared formula?
Formula expressions are altered => data loss.
When I open the file in Excel 2007, the formula in G3 becomes
and when I open it in Excel XP, it becomes
So, even Excel doesn't load this file correctly? How are we to know whether or not we load this file correctly?
I'll take this off MAB for now until we get this clarified.
(In reply to comment #3)
I confirm these observations:
I found the same inconsistencies and the same results using:
- Excel 2010 [W7-64b] => C1:XFD1
- Excel 2003 SP3 [Vista-32b] => IV1:C1
What application created the file? Do you have a version of the file that was not saved using LibreOffice 4.2.0, or not using LibreOffice at all?
(In reply to comment #6)
> What application created the file? Do you have a version of the file that
> was not saved using LibreOffice 4.2.0, or not using LibreOffice at all?
> What application created the file?
= Has existed for some time so can't remember, however have been editing with LO for quite some time and all I can say is it was fine with LO4.1.4 but is corrupted by LO4.2
> Do you have a version of the file that was not saved using LibreOffice 4.2.0?
= no - but the file I posted is fine if I return to using LO4.1.4
> or not using LibreOffice at all?
Saved the test1 file in LO4.1.4 as .ods format
Then opened test1.ods in LO4.2 - made small change - saved - reopened = all OK
the saved test1.ods in .xls format and reopened it - corruption occurred
so a possible work-around for me is to convert my files to .ods format and stop using .xls format in LO4.2
Created attachment 94438 [details]
loss of formulas and data
(In reply to comment #9)
> Created attachment 94438 [details]
> loss of formulas and data
I too am loosing data/formulas in Calc after updating to 4.2(0.4) from 220.127.116.11.
Mentioned work around - saving as ods instead of xls from older version before opening with 4.2 seems to work.
See ranges I8 - ba8 and I10 to ba10 in attached files for proof.
Running Windows 7
(In reply to comment #10)
> (In reply to comment #9)
> > Created attachment 94438 [details]
> > loss of formulas and data
> I too am loosing data/formulas in Calc after updating to 4.2(0.4) from
> Mentioned work around - saving as ods instead of xls from older version
> before opening with 4.2 seems to work.
> See ranges I8 - ba8 and I10 to ba10 in attached files for proof.
> Running Windows 7
Please file this as a brand new bug. A rule of thumb is that, if you have a separate test case with a different test document, it should be a separate bug.
I'm marking as a duplicate of another bug which I'm pretty confident is the same issue as what's originally reported. Plus we can't use the test document provided here since it's already been corrupted. The other bug has a test document that's not yet corrupted.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 74345 ***
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (possibleRegression)