Created attachment 93579 [details]
Screenshot of the text overlapped
Problem description: Te fonts on a large doccument appear overlapped,not readable
Steps to reproduce:
1. Long text document (.docx)
2. Scroll down and the text shows overlapped
Current behavior: Text Overlapped, no change with zoom or font change on size or type, no chane when add new text to the paragraph, no change with screen or window resize
Expected behavior: Perfect readable text
Operating System: Ubuntu
Version: 184.108.40.206 release
Last worked in: 220.127.116.11 release
*** Bug 74645 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The screen capture is good, and it certainly looks to be an issue. But it would be very helpful if you can attach the problem .docx format document, or a new example with similar formatting, that demonstrates this issue when opened in LibreOffice 18.104.22.168
I appear to be having the same problem. Files using Cardo font that worked fine on Linux Mint 15 (I think it's 4.0.x) and Scientific Linux 6 (again, I think it's 4.0.x) are rendered as garbage in Linux Mint 16 (4.1.3). I downloaded the official 22.214.171.124 in case it was fixed, but the display is still garbage.
Since this is the font I use for all my print on demand books, this is a pretty major issue.
I'll attach a sample document, screenshot and the Cardo font files in a moment.
Created attachment 94170 [details]
Created attachment 94171 [details]
Created attachment 94172 [details]
If it's any help, I found a Redhat bug related to the Cardo font:
Changing the OS/2 metrics in the font to the values specified there cured this problem. I presume something has changed in how Libreoffice uses those values, and now it's hitting a bunch of fonts where they're incorrect.
(In reply to comment #7)
> If it's any help, I found a Redhat bug related to the Cardo font:
> Changing the OS/2 metrics in the font to the values specified there cured
> this problem. I presume something has changed in how Libreoffice uses those
> values, and now it's hitting a bunch of fonts where they're incorrect.
This is right, starting from 4.1, LibreOffice started using the correct vertical metrics for line spacing so broken fonts that went unnoticed before because they was relying on applications using the wrong metrics (common on Windows) are now exposed. I suggest repoerting this to Cardo developers in case they are unaware of it, but there is much we can do here.
Sure, I just sent an email to the Cardo font designer. I guess there are a bunch of other fonts that will have to be fixed, too.
I also experience this problem with Cardo. My workaround is as follows:
1. Begin typing in Cardo.
2. Make sure that at least one character on every line is either italicised or bold. The most convenient character to do this with is a space!
It's awkward, but it works for me. (Typing any character in Hebrew or Greek also 'fixes' the line height for me as well.)
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (possibleRegression)