Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha0+ Build ID: 38ce69a1d10bd18b45b192ee4a5e650f817be676
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2014-02-08_02:01:12
drag A2 a few cells down
drag the last cell up, the message is "Delete contents" and select cell are deleted.
(In reply to comment #0)
Hi m.a.riosv, to reproduce your bug, I did the following:
1. I typed "1" in A1;
2. I typed "=A1" in A2.
But how can I "drag A2 a few cells down"? Would you please provide more detailed steps to reproduce your bug?
I set this as NEEDINFO at this moment. Please set back to UNCONFIRMED once you have provided the above info.
Hi m.a.riosv, I think I have understood the steps.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Type "1", "2", "3" in A1, A2, A3.
2. Select range A1:A3.
3. Put your at the right-bottom "black box" of the selected range (so the cursor becomes a "+").
4. Drag your mouse up untill you reach the top of A1, then release your mouse.
Contents in A1:A3 are deleted.
The selected cell range should shrink when you drag the mouse up.
Tested and reproduce in 22.214.171.124 beta2.
Also reproducible in 3.6.7 release, setting the version to 3.6.7.
Set status to NEW.
However, I think this is a minor bug, and when dragging there is a message showing "delete contents", so users are warned about the possible result of the operation. Set to LOW MINOR.
There is no evidence showing that this is a regression, as I can reproduce in 126.96.36.199 release. Removing keyword "regression".
I reproduce on windows 7/64 & Version: 188.8.131.52
Build ID: 67f5430184326974072b65403ef1d9d934fc4481
Other steps to reproduce:
1. Type "1", "2", "3", "4", "5" in A1, A2, A3, A4, A5
2. In B3 type =A3
3. Position the mouse on the bottom right of B3, and continue holding down the mouse button until the pointer changes to a cross-hair symbol and drag your mouse down to B5, then release your mouse.
Expected & actual result : formula copied
=A4 in B4
=A5 in B5
4. Select B3, Position the mouse on the bottom right of B3, and continue holding down the mouse button until the pointer changes to a cross-hair symbol and drag your mouse up to B1, then release your mouse.
=A1 in B1
=A2 in B2
B1, B2 are empty
This is a regression indeed
In addition, the operation is inconsistent:
5. Select B3, Position the mouse on the bottom right of B3, and continue holding down the mouse button until the pointer changes to a cross-hair symbol and drag your mouse up to B2, then release your mouse.
Message "delete contents" appears but the formula is in B2 (=A2)
Therefore, copying works cell by cell.
If you drag on only one cell it works but if you drag on several cells all cells are emptied.
Best regards. JBF
Hi all.. I guess this is the same as Bug 81803 that was introduced in 4.3.x & has been fixed by Markus.
Could someone confirm that?
I confirm this bug is fixed in 184.108.40.206, windows 7 x86.
Build ID: c4b15cd4d00dec6b266fa830b4ba73e31ae6ce73
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 81803 ***