I copied some HTML from my PayPal account transaction history, including this value as a link: Details Payment To 鲍 天穗 23383394AY510781J
This and another cell both containing a link with extended character-set characters each cause LO Calc to freeze (spinning beachball) when I try to Clear Direct Formatting from the context menu or from the main menu or with Ctrl-M.
The actual URL of the link uses normal characters. Similar cells above and below either of these, containing similar links with similar URLs, do not cause the spinning beachball. So I conclude that the Asian characters in the text of the link are causing the problem.
The same symptoms result if you try to paste the formatting from an adjacent cell into one of these cells.
Specifically, I used the formula bar to copy the text of the link, then deleted the link from the cell. I then use Edit -> Paste Special to paste the text as unformatted text (not RTF). I copied one of the other cells (which had had direct formatting cleared from it) and tried to paste only the format into the Asian-text cell. This also caused a spinning-beachball freeze.
Hi Daniel, thanks for reporting.
Seems a duplicate of https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=72470
The mentioned bug is resolved in 220.127.116.11, please download and test in:
Please if you can reproduce with 18.104.22.168, reopen the bug, and if possible attach a minimal file for reproduce the issue.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 72470 ***
Confirm that I cannot recreate this behaviour using 22.214.171.124.
However, while mousing around in an unsaved spreadsheet trying to test this bug, I hit a pathological Save behaviour that seemed related to this. The Save bar at the bottom of the window displayed and seemed to be "saving" repeatedly. While this was happening I could click in some cells, but the cell with the mixed Western and Asian characters would not accept my mouse-click. I was eventually able to close the window using the Window menu: clicking the Mac OS X red candy close button seemed to have no effect.
Please Daniel, can you fill a new bug.
I think it happens with a new files, with auto-recovery on, prior the first save of the file. I think it was reported before but I can't find it.
That looks similar to #73015