I am creating a document with grouped items in LibreOffice Draw.
Some of the items in a group need to connect to items in another group, like by using arrows.
Currently the UI doesn't support this.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create 2 groups of 2 rectangles each.
2. Enter the first group and start creating an arrow connector, originating from one of the rectangles.
3. Try to connect it to a rectangle from the other group. Fail! The arrow won't 'snap' to any of those.
Hello Cristian, *,
I cannot confirm your issue with LO Version: 22.214.171.124 Build ID: a59ce81388f477fc89db57f0c27f222f31884eb (parallel installed, following the instructions from https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with Germanophone lang- as well as helppack under Debian Testing i686, sorry ... :(
What I have done:
1. Draw a rectangle and a circle
2. Grouped them via context menu -> Group
3. Draw a rectangle and a triangle
4. Grouped them like point 2
5. Rightclick on the group with the rectangle and the circle, and selected "Enter Group"
6. Clicked on the dropdown menu right to the icon for "Connector" and selected one with an arrow head
7. Draw the line from the rectangle of group 1 to the one of group 2
This works without any problems :) I see some "x" on the triangle as well as the circle (points, where I cannot connect the connector?), but otherwise it works ... ;)
Did you do anything different from my procedure? If so, would you be so kind to give us a step-by-step description, please? Or would you mind to attach one of these drawings to this bug, please? And would you be so kind to test it with a newer version than 126.96.36.199, please?
I can do step 1 to 6. But when I draw a connector from the rectangle in group 1, it will not connect to an object in group 2. And when I leave the group, I cannot grip the connector, because it is inside the group.
So I can confirm the problem. I use LO 4.3 on Windows 7.
See also https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=7575
Reproduced, setting as enhancement.
Win 7 64-bit Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha2+
Build ID: b021b5983c62e266b82d9f0c5c6d8d8900553827
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2014-11-12_00:19:18
I'm not so sure if it makes sense to connect items contained in one group with the children of another. Sounds rather like you don't want to group, actually.
However doing all the connections first and grouping later has to be persistent, even after ungrouping. And this "workaround" has no issues here.
Close this bug as WORKSFORME?
Build ID: 6b232aeecc55f1715bc111e636e36a8e24827efb
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2016-01-26_07:40:04
Locale: de-DE (de_DE)
*** Bug 45863 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***