Created attachment 96340 [details]
presentation file to reproduce with
After opening a .pptx file and copying some slides to a new presentation, LibreOffice crashed on starting the slide show. I have attached a minimal file that can be used to reproduce the issue.
64-bit Arch Linux with LibreOffice 18.104.22.168.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached presentation file.
2. Go to the slide sorter and copy the slides to clipboard.
3. Open a new empty presentation, and paste the slides to the end of the slide sorter, giving you 3 slides total.
4. Start presenting. (for me, in the mode that shows both the current and next slide on the screen)
5. Go to the next slide.
What should happen:
Libreoffice should show the next slide, and the slide after that (with text) in the next-slide-box.
Libreoffice keeps the next-slide-box empty, and shows a message-box with title "LibreOffice 4.2 - Fatal Error" and no content, except for the exception icon. On pressing OK it completely terminates.
Running with --backtrace:
I got no interesting output, just:
[Inferior 1 (process 27016) exited with code 0115]
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/gdbtrace:9: Error in sourced command file:
Other things that might be related:
- The presentation uses Calibri, a font I do not have. (I imported it from a .pptx file)
- The bullet characters show up as blocks, likely also a font thing.
I can confirm exactly the same using Version: 22.214.171.124
Build ID: 7c5c769e412afd32da4d946d2cb0c8b0674e95e0 Ubuntu 13.10 - Set as new - Sophie
Bug is still present and 100% reproducible in 126.96.36.199.
Only happens for me on multihead, i.e. presenter console active
bisected this to 0218b0e2fa510d7acd7413dbedefd9ad50257f76
Author: Ciorba Edmond <email@example.com>
Date: Mon Jul 15 19:45:44 2013 +0300
fdo#65457 - Provide visual clues in presenter view.
Caolán McNamara committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
Resolves: fdo#76581 copy-and-paste -> slideshow crash in presenter console
It will be available in 4.4.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.