Bug Hunting Session
Bug 77296 - EDITING: Auto-capitalization of i cannot be disabled
Summary: EDITING: Auto-capitalization of i cannot be disabled
Status: RESOLVED WORKSFORME
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Writer (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.2.0.4 release
Hardware: Other Mac OS X (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard: BSA
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-04-11 02:00 UTC by peter
Modified: 2014-05-06 05:22 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description peter 2014-04-11 02:00:59 UTC
Problem description: 

Typing a lowercase i and then pressing space, automatically replaces it with I. Even when i --> I rule has been removed from Autocorrect.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Remove the autocorrect rule that changes i to I.
2. Turn off the 'Capitalise first letter of every sentence' option in autocorrect Options
3. Type i followed by a space

Current behaviour: i is converted to I. 

Expected behaviour: i remains as i.


If I'm not using this feature correctly, please let me know.
Operating System: Mac OS X
Version: 4.2.0.4 release
Comment 1 tommy27 2014-05-05 22:15:55 UTC
do you still see this in 4.2.3.3?
I do not reproduce the issue under Win7x64
Comment 2 tommy27 2014-05-06 05:12:33 UTC
>Comment from Bug 76964 

>peter  2014-05-06 00:11:25 UTC 
>I just tested this bug in version 4.2.3.3.
>Initially, it was still there. However, when I turned the replacement table off >and on again for each of the languages (British English and Australian English) >I use, the problem went away. 

>Note that I have deleted i --> I for both languages.
>For me at least, the problem is solved for now.

if you had an autocorrect entry "i --> I" it was normal that it did that auto-capitalization of "i". now that you removed it you don't show that anymore.

I mark this as RESOLVED WORKSFORME
feel free to REOPEN if you see the bug again
Comment 3 peter 2014-05-06 05:22:04 UTC
Thanks - please note though, I had auto-captialisation of i-->I for British English, not Australian English. When my document was using Australian English, I still found i being turned into I. If it comes back, I'll let you know, but as I have deleted the entry for both languages, I doubt it will.

Thanks very much for giving this your attention.