Created attachment 97898 [details]
File contains TOC and foot note
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the Original file 342_Original.docx in LO
2. Save as 342_Original_RT.docx
3. Open the file 342_Original_RT.docx in LO
4. Save as 342_Original_RT_1.docx
5. Try opening the file 342_Original_RT_1.docx in LO
LO gives Input/Output Error message while opening the file.
The file should open without any error messages.
Operating System: All
Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha0+ Master
@Umesh: looks like a dupe/highly related to bug 77725 ?
Please feel free to reopen if I'm not correct.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 77725 ***
The issue in this file is different and is not duplicate of
In this case the following is the behavior:
1) During the first round-trip the page break on the first page is converted to a section break(next page )
2) During the second round-trip the section break information is lost, due to which the TOC is spanned across three pages( first, second and third )
whereas it should have been on one single page( second page in original file).
3) Due to this overflow of the TOC the following pages get disrupt and hence the footnotes.
4) Therefore while importing the second RT(342_Original_RT_1.docx) LO does not find the relevant footnotes and hence raises exception.
This scenario is observed only in case if there is a different first page is set.
Fixing the 1st point ( aforementioned ) will fix this issue.
umeshkadam committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
fdo#77890: page break exported as section break if different 1st page is set
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Looks fixed to me. I can not reproduce this anymore, tested using Windows 8.1 with LibreOffice Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha1+
Build ID: e9b2787c2ece4c8260fbac6359257e1829c917d4
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2014-05-09_06:36:37