Created attachment 98462 [details]
cursor is blinking in the letter instead of between letters and after erasing, the space is not erased yet the last letter of the first word = mismatch of 1 place of where the cursor is blinking
Steps to reproduce:
1. type 2 words or small phrase
2. place your cursor between two letters
3. try to erase a specific space or a character
1. you'll notice the cursor is blinking in the letter instead of between letters. cf. Screenshot 2014-05-05 11.18.31
2. you'll notice you'll always erase 1 or 2 letters AFTER/BEHIND where the cursor is blinking. cf Screenshot 2014-05-05 11.18.54: the cursor is blinking after the space between the 2 words. You'd expect it erasing the space, yet it erased the last letter of the first word.
3. I also notice the last letter in the phrase is not showing. Changing zoom may help.
you'd expect the blinking cursor between letters and erase the letter just in front
Operating System: Mac OS X
Version: 184.108.40.206 release
Cant reproduce in Linux Mint, so it maybe a Mac OS X issue.
Confirming, and it is really annoying, making LO virtually unusable.
However, I will have to see whether or not his is a dup.
Seems like dup of 48402, a very old, and as yet unresolved bug. However, given that LO uses a deprecated API on the Mac for text rendering, and the new stuff is only partially implemented, not really surprising.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 48402 ***