I really need the ability to move/saveas/export my impress/writer files in a directory with all the linked images/multimedia/fonts that are not embedded for archiving purpose or bringing around on a usb stick. It's impossible/unusual to plan the slideshow in advance with the right elements so such a function would also serve as a "purge" directory to save space.
Nobody confirmed the validity of this enhancement request.
There is an easy workflow that ensure you to not miss linked objects when exporting or moving a document or a presentation:
- configure LibreOffice to use relative links
- gather in a new folder your main document and your linked objects in appropriate subfolders (images, sounds, etc.).
- if you use exotic fonts (which is not a good idea when you have to share a document), save the fonts inside the document (check the appropriate option in File > Properties)
Another mean is to break the links so that the linked objects like pictures are embedded in the file of the document : menu Edit > Links...
So I am tempted to close this enhancement request as WontFix. Please could you elaborate a bit if you think that the workflow described above is not enough.
Set status to NEEDINFO. Please set it back to UNCONFIRMED once you have provided requested informations. Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards. JBF
Following I describe some case study I often find making my lessons slides.
1) I prepare a lesson archiving lot of images in the img subfolder. At the end I choose 10% of the images in my presentation. I wish to be able to move/export/collect only them.
2) I prepare a lesson using images from all around my images collections, without the need of duplicating them into the presentation file folder, then export/collect with the presentation a copy of the used ones.
The ideal thing is to be able to link images from anywhere on my file system, avoiding duplicates. Once the presentation is finished, copy all of the used one, maybe in a subfolder, updating their links in the LO file.
In other words, I wish JBF's second step "- gather in a new folder your main document and your linked objects in appropriate subfolders (images, sounds, etc.)." to be done automatically by LO.
Maybe Presentation Minimizer does already something like that?
Setting as NEW enhancement, similar function from msoffice described here: https://support.office.com/en-au/article/Package-a-presentation-for-CD-52d431bf-01e2-44db-bc40-49777b7cf55a