Created attachment 100825 [details]
showing the same example in the start center
When viewing a filename in start center that has an underscore in it, start center crops the remainder of the filename.
Example filename: TestHTML_before_edit_LO.html
Start Center Display: TestHTML
Tested in Windows (4.2.4 and 4.4 alpha) and Linux (4.2.4 and 4.3 beta 2). Setting this to 4.3 beta 2 so i can be fixed promptly, though the issue must have been present since the start center was introduced in 4.2.
Hi Jay Philips,
I do not reproduce with 220.127.116.11 beta2, ubuntu 14.04 x86.
Will you please open the html file with LO, and check "File - Properties - Description - Title". If that field is "TestHTML", then set it to blank, then close, start start-center and remove the previous filename from the list, close, then open the html file again, close, then check the start center again...~~
Created attachment 100834 [details]
zip file containing two html files
Yes i check the file properties and TestHTML was in the title and i thought i was wrong and was going to close it, but when i checked another file with also had TestHTML in its title, it displays in the start center as the full filename.
TestHTML_after_edit_LO.html shows as TestHTML
TestHTML_before_edit_LO2-after.html shows as TestHTML_before_edit_LO2-after
Confirmed: rename your file "TestHTML_after_edit_LO.html" in "Test_HTML_after_edit_LO.html" then open it with LO and close the file. The StartCenter shows "TestHTML", the underscore is skipped. It does not happen with other formats like ODF, OOXML, etc.
tested with LO 18.104.22.168.0+ build at home under Ubuntu 14.04 x86-64.
Best regards. JBF
Created attachment 108931 [details]
The bug occurs only on HTML files with filled <title> tag.
If it is a doc, or odt file it shows underscore. If it is a HTML with empty <Title> tag it show it too.
Build ID: 56019dcb79475606952a954fe732a3109441ffec
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice (5.0.4 or later)
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa
Thank you for your help!
-- The LibreOffice QA Team This NEW Message was generated on: 2015-12-20
(In reply to Efe Gürkan YALAMAN from comment #4)
> The bug occurs only on HTML files with filled <title> tag.
> If it is a doc, or odt file it shows underscore. If it is a HTML with empty
> <Title> tag it show it too.
Still reproducible with Version: 22.214.171.124.0+
Build ID: f1d55069f1997e40fa20a5251d450eefe9171268
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.2; UI Render: default;
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8)
Best regards. JBF
Akshay Deep committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#79889 Make Recent Docs thumbnail titles consistent with recent files menu
It will be available in 5.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.