Created attachment 104515 [details]
Sample spreadsheet document containing a chart
Problem description: Export of chart to SVG does not display vertical text.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create chart with Y axis title (text should be vertical)
2. Right click on chart, select "Export as Image"
3. Save in SVG format.
4. Open SVG file in web browser.
Y axis title is horizontal.
Y axis title should be vertical.
Operating System: Windows 7
Version: 188.8.131.52 release
Created attachment 104516 [details]
SVG export of chart
Run the test.svg file through http://validator.w3.org/check. The result is:
Error Line 62, Column 176: there is no attribute "transform"
…tPosition" x="837" y="4770" transform="translate(837,4770) rotate(-90) transla…
It appears that the "transform" attribute is not valid on a <tspan> element, and should instead be on the <text> element.
I've the same issue when exporting a drawing containing vertical text (either as plain text or as a text attached to e.g. a line).
I've attached a testcase:
* original drawing (testcase.odg)
* pdf-export of original drawing (testcase_odg.pdf)
* svg-export of original drawing (testcase.svg)
* wmf-export of original drawing (testcase.wmf)
* write-document importing testcase.svg and testcase.wmf (testcase.odt)
* pdf-export of imported drawings (testcase_odt.pdf)
Operating system: RHEL5.6
Created attachment 105591 [details]
Created attachment 105592 [details]
original drawing as pdf
Created attachment 105593 [details]
original drawing exported as svg
Created attachment 105594 [details]
original drawing exported as wmf
Created attachment 105595 [details]
writer document importing svg and wmf export
Created attachment 105596 [details]
writer document exported as pdf
Hi Fred, Klaus,
Thanks to you for your report. However, this was previously reported. See Bug 57215 - Wrong text rotation in SVG Export (rotated text appears as non-rotated).
leave a comment in this bug if you think it necessary.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 57215 ***