I have a form with two subforms (a table for 'file', only showing entries with 'file'.'movie_id" matching 'movie'.'id' and a table 'audiotrack' only showing entries with 'audiotrack'.'file_id' matching the currently selected 'file'.'id'). The backend is mysql.
This happened to work before. After the update to 4.3.0, the 'file'.'id' as a foreign key in the 'audiotrack' subform seems to not be updated on changing main records.
Two related problems:
1) The records of the second table ('audiotrack') are never updated, they only show records belongig to the first shown 'file' entry. When a record has no 'file' entry, they disappear; after selecting another record with existing 'file' entries, the same wrong records appear again.
2) It is not possible to add records, the insertion fails with:
SQL Status: 23000
Error code: 1452
Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails ("movies"."subtitletrack", CONSTRAINT "subtitletrack_ibfk_1" FOREIGN KEY ("file_id") REFERENCES "file" ("id") ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Change to another record
2. Enter a new record in the 'subtitletrack' form
1. The records in 'subtitletrack' do not change
2. It is not possible to save the newly created record
1. The records in 'subtitletrack' should change according to the selected 'file' record
2. New records should be saved with the correct foreign key
Could this be a duplicate from Bug82720 ? Refreshing from a subsubform doesn't work any more since 18.104.22.168 alpha.
Or are your subforms installed parallel, both connecting to the mainform?
> --- Comment #1 from firstname.lastname@example.org ---
> Could this be a duplicate from Bug82720 ? Refreshing from a
> subsubform doesn't
> work any more since 22.214.171.124 alpha.
this could indeed be the same problem. I looked into the example
db and the behaviour is exactly the same, I just did not
understand the relationships completely, as it says
'SubTable'.'MainID' for both, 'Link master field' and 'Link slave
field' on the subsubform.
> Or are your subforms installed parallel, both connecting to the
No, not in parallel, the first sub form is connected to the main
from, the second one is connected to the first sub form.
/ Knut Esztermann
It's a duplicate of Bug82151, which has been fixed for LO 4.3.2.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 82151 ***