Since commit 7bbaa391 (2014-07-03, "Catch invalid null pointer
operations early"), this misbehaviour manifests itself as an assertion
at include/com/sun/star/uno/Reference.h line 402; versions of
LibreOffice prior to that, including notably bibisect-43all oldest,
fail instead with a segmentation fault reported by the JRE.
@Stephan, I am adding you to the cc because I see your name on commit
(1) Run LibreOffice with command-line parameter --base to create a new
.odb file with embedded HSQLDB database; do not register the
(2) In left pane click <Forms> and in top pane click "Create Form in
(3) In the toolbar at the left of the screen, click icon "List Box".
Move the mouse cursor over the design area and observe that the
cursor changes to a crasshair with box.
(4) In the main design area, drag the mouse from one point to another;
observe that the program draws a rectangle between the two points.
(5) Still holding the mouse button, return to the original point.
The rectangle previously visible disappears completely.
(6) Release the mouse button. The program crashes, one way or the
Created attachment 105131 [details]
geb on the core file from the assertion
This time, I ran LibreOffice on on existing .odb file.
This observation is from master commit 692878e, fetched 2014-08-13, configured
--enable-option-checking=fatal --enable-dbgutil --enable-crashdump
built and running on debian wheezy 64-bit.
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today, I could reproduce the crash.
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=211ad259bbc18997f9f070e59e4262885c11e924> "fdo#82980: Cancel FmXFormView::OnStartControlWizard when breaking creation"
Thank you, Stephan. In daily dbgutil bibisect repo version
2014-10-14, the crash is gone. Setting bug status VERIFIED.
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (prebibisect)