Created attachment 105353 [details]
expected bahavior of the dialog box (datarange series name)
1) Create a simple XY chart a single series.
2) Edit the chart, then menu: Format/datarange
3) In this dialog box, press "add" to create a new series. Then enter a name for the new series.
4) Now select the cells for X and Y.
5) Press ok to quit the dialog box.
6) Return in Format/datarange. You will see that the X and Y cells for the new series are retained but not the series name.
Workaround: you have to *end* the serie name (press ok just after) and it will be retained.
In LO4.2, the name was "captured" instantly (even if ok was not pressed, see screen capture). However, the name was lost file was saved and reopened. In LO4.3, now the series name is now correctly saved, but the user interface should still memorize (capture) the name before we press "ok".
So this is a follow-up of bug 64722.
Same behavior reproduced with LO 184.108.40.206 portable - Win7 x86
Not reproduced with LO 220.127.116.11 portable
Similar behavior if modifying X/Y Values (Bug 83606), only last modified will be affected before hit OK.
I reproduce the bug on Win7 with LO 18.104.22.168.
Build ID: 22.214.171.124 Arch Linux build-1
This is already fixed in 4.4beta2 and 4.5 master (though apparently not in 126.96.36.199). Changes to those fields now take effect as they are typed
Although it could be backported to 4.3, frankly it's a minor enough inconvenience that I don't think it's worth a developer's time to wrangle it into a 4.3 release
-> Removing Whiteboard:bibisectRequest
-> Setting Status: RESOLVED FIXED