We can do ODF & OOXML validation during build, in case --enable-export-validation switch is used. The reason it's not on by default is that it requires odfvalidator and officeotron in PATH, and those are not trivial to set up.
So the task would be to follow http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/export-validation, and based on the documentation / scripts available in that directory, came up with a script that does everything:
1) Downloads the source code or binary of those validators.
2) Creates two shell scripts that invokes them.
3) Puts these scripts into $PATH, e.g. $HOME/bin.
You can test if your script works:
1) On a clean machine, run the script and
2) ./autogen.sh --enable-export-validation && make
Should pass without saying that odfvalidator & officeotron is not set up.
I wanted to set up the validators on a new machine today, so at the end I wrote the script myself... ;-)
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (EasyHack DifficultyBeginner SkillScript TopicDebug)
Remove LibreOffice Dev List from CC on EasyHacks
(curtailing excessive email to list)