I cannot work with draw object dragged in the footer zone.
To reproduce :
1. Open a blank text page.
2. Draw an object (ex. a rectangle) max 1 cm heigh.
3. Activate the footer zone.
4. Drag the object in the footer zone with the mouse.
5. Click on the centre of the page.
6. Now it is impossible to work again with the draw object because it is unselectable.
I think that this bug exists in 4.3.4
I was able to reproduce this bug.
I'm running LibreOffice 184.108.40.206 on OS X 10.10.1.
This bug also occurs in the header.
I'll change the status to NEW.
Ctrl+Click usually works.
Sometimes this is a bit harder with different stuff around...
As a list solution there's always the Navigator (F5).