- Windows 7 Professional SP1 64bit (Japanese)
- Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0_55 or 1.8.0_25 (32bit)
How to reproduce:
1. Launch Base, create new database with Database Wizard
2. Click "Reports" in the left pane
3. Click "Create Report in Design View..." or "Use Wizard to Create Report..."
4. Base freezed <-- PROBLEM
5. Launch Base, open the database created step 1 with "Open an existing database file"
6. same as step 2 and 3
7. Base freezed <-- PROBLEM
NOTE: Similar bug of fdo #87241 (), but I can't reproduce this issue with 4.3.x, only 4.4.0 or master, so I filed it as a different bug.
Confirmed this issue with LibreOffice 4.4.0 beta1, beta2, RC1 and master (Version: 22.214.171.124.alpha0+ Build ID: 170616e9f2d30c1302bbb5a7a4b588bc05cd5cc9).
Couldn't reproduce it with LibreOffice 4.5.3.
take a look also at Bug 87241 which however has been filed against 4.3.5
On pc Debian x86-64 with 4.4 branch sources updated today, I don't reproduce the hang (by creating a brand new Hsqldb base or by opening an existing one).
Would it be possible you attach gdb to the process and pinpoint the location of the hang? (see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug#Attaching_to_the_soffice.bin_process)
Sorry, I forgot to write that I couldn't reproduce this issue on my Ubuntu (14.10) system. Some reports in Japanese mailing list are also Windows system, and not reproduced on Linux based system.
I'll try to back track in my Windows system.
Created attachment 111098 [details]
Build ID: 170616e9f2d30c1302bbb5a7a4b588bc05cd5cc9
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2014-12-12_01:58:46
on Windows 7 Professional 64bit (Japanese)
I reproduce using:
LO 126.96.36.199.beta1 Build ID: 9af3d21234aa89dac653c0bd76648188cdeb683e
LO 188.8.131.52.beta2 Build ID: be92f32b8f21603a6b7a75dd645f7475bdee519d
LO 184.108.40.206 Build ID: 1ba9640ddd424f1f535c75bf2b86703770b8cf6f
LO 220.127.116.11.alpha0+ Build ID: 736b040cb158308e002d24cee8c33e794b2f59a1
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2014-12-01_15:20:47 Locale: fr_FR
& Windows 7 Home premium
JRE 1.7.0_65. So it's not the same bug as Bug 87241, which raise with only
Adding self to CC if not already on
Libre Office 18.104.22.168 also is infected by this bug ... freezes.
Does it freeze when connecting to the database differently than when creating a report? For example, showing the list of tables, executing a query, ...
Does it freeze (with what backtrace) when doing that with a non-Java database? E.g. an ODBC connection?
Because the backtrace looks like it is stuck on waiting for HSQLDB, trying to connect to it. This may be a Java-related problem.
LO freezes when creating a report, but also freezes when OPENING and editing a report. It is very annoying !
No problem with LO 4.3.6
And no problem with reports created with the 'old' report builder (not Sun/Oracle Report Builder).
(In reply to ribotb from comment #10)
> LO freezes when creating a report, but also freezes when OPENING and editing
> a report. It is very annoying !
You may be experiencing bug 88824, which is now fixed, as opposed to this bug. (assuming this bug is distinct from bug 88824, which is not clear).
I'm not quite sure how to understand the relationship between this group of bugs... The backtrace in this bug makes me think of a Java problem (which reminds of bug 87241), but the symptoms are, as far as I can see, identical to bug 88824.
Naruhiko, could you please confirm whether the backtrace you attached was made in conditions where bug 87241 does not happen? E.g. with Java 1.7?
I wonder if the different comments claiming reproductions for this bug are not sometimes reproductions for one of the two other bugs.
To get a clearer picture, I think it would be useful to test in a version where bug 88824 has been fixed, and see whether this bug can still be reproduced, in a situation that clearly shows it is not bug 87241.
> Naruhiko, could you please confirm whether the backtrace you attached was
> made in conditions where bug 87241 does not happen? E.g. with Java 1.7?
I might forget something because it's a little old report for me, anyway;
My environment that I got the backtrace had been installed Java 1.7 and Java 1.8, and I (probably) selected Java 1.7 in the Tools > Option > LibreOffice > Advanced
Because I got a report from other one who used Java 1.7 only.
NOW, I uninstalled ALL Java from my Windows, then installed JDK 7u75, and tried to reproduce with:
1) Version: 22.214.171.124
Build ID: de093506bcdc5fafd9023ee680b8c60e3e0645d7
2) Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha0+
Build ID: 130c49bdd008d444a767b3e0828ffa07fa039367
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2015-02-06_07:35:24
as a result, 1) have still a problem, and 2) seems OK for me.
(In reply to Naruhiko Ogasawara from comment #12)
> NOW, I uninstalled ALL Java from my Windows, then installed JDK 7u75, and
> tried to reproduce with:
> 1) Version: 188.8.131.52
> Build ID: de093506bcdc5fafd9023ee680b8c60e3e0645d7
> Locale: ja_JP
> 2) Version: 184.108.40.206.alpha0+
> Build ID: 130c49bdd008d444a767b3e0828ffa07fa039367
> TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2015-02-06_07:35:24
> Locale: ja_JP
> as a result, 1) have still a problem, and 2) seems OK for me.
Based on these tests, I'm going to mark this as a duplicate of bug 88824, since it looks like the fix for bug 88824 fixed this also.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 88824 ***