Created attachment 111729 [details]
ODT file saved by LibO with spanish UI
This bug is quite difficult difficult to explain, as it involves a specific behavior not present in the English UI but only in the Spanish one.
When saving a text document as DOCX, all headings styles ("Heading 1", "Heading 2", etc.) are well recognized by MS Word 2007 and 2010 with the default locale: English.
However, if applied the Spanish localization, DOCX files saved by LibO Writer name text styles in a way not recognized by MS Word. In other words, the main functionality of LibO writer is 0K!, but the problem appears only after applying the Spanish localization (I haven't tried other than Spanish, though).
Steps to reproduce:
0) Localize LibO in spanish, which is the natural choice of most users which speaks Spanish.
1) Create a text file with LibO, put some text using styles. See the attached file "Doc1-ODT saved by LibO with Spanish UI.odt"
2) Save the documen as DOCX. See file "Doc3-DOCX saved by LibO with spanish UI.docx" and close it.
3) Open this last file with MS Word.
Headings saved by LibO are not recognized by MS Word. Moreover, MS Word creates its own heading styles, making the style list even bigger. See file "screenshot Doc3-DOCX saved by LibO with spanish UI.png"
Heading styles stores by LibO should be recognized by MS Word.
0) Change the localization from Spanish into English.
1) Close and reopen the file
2) Save the file as DOCX: now all styles are recogniced by MS Word. See files "Doc4-DOCX saved by LibO with english UI.docx" and "screenshot Doc4-DOCX saved by LibO with english UI.png"
Created attachment 111730 [details]
DOCX saved by LibO with spanish UI
Created attachment 111731 [details]
screenshot of Doc3 showing the problem
Created attachment 111732 [details]
DOCX saved by LibO with English UI (Workaround)
Created attachment 111733 [details]
screenshot of Doc4: all headings are correctly recognized without the Spanish localization
As an additional comment: the bug is pressent also in LibO 4.3. It is probably present also in previous versions, but LibO 4.1 is the older I have installed.
Reproduced from scratch using Win 7 64-bit, LibO 4.4 RC2 and Spanish UI.
Encabezado 1 style is shown in MSO 2013.
Is Word in Spanish too? Does it make a difference to have Word in another language?
(In reply to Octavio Alvarez from comment #7)
> Is Word in Spanish too? Does it make a difference to have Word in another
Well the Word I tested certainly wasn't in Spanish.
The bug becomes even weirder when importing a DOCX file generated by MS Word: heading styles are correcly recogniced by Writer with Spanish UI.
However, when saving the file with LibO, it generates the styles "Encabezado 1", "Encabezado 2", etc. And, when opening with MS Word again, it generates it's own heading styles.
This bug is still present in
Id. de compilación: e5f16313668ac592c1bfb310f4390624e3dbfb75
Configuración regional: en-US (es_AR.UTF-8)
I think I fixed this before the release of 5.2.0…
(In reply to Adolfo Jayme from comment #11)
> I think I fixed this before the release of 5.2.0…
Indeed. Sorry for not testing, I jumped LibO 5.1 because of some bugs and then I forgot to taste it with 5.2
Thank you for your work, Adolfo!