Hi, installed 4.4.0RC1 on Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine as a fresh install.
The installer opened in Slovenian interface, so it noticed the system settings.
But in the installation settings neither Slovenian UI nor Slovenian dictionary were checked - if I hadn't checked these would just not install.
I cannot confirm this bug. On Windows 7 64-bit I set Slovenian (Slovenia) at Control Panel - Region and Language - Formats tab - Format. Then I started LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 installer, which was in Slovenian, and Slovenian UI and dictionary was selected.
(In reply to miles from comment #0)
> But in the installation settings neither Slovenian UI nor Slovenian
> dictionary were checked - if I hadn't checked these would just not install.
LO 22.214.171.124 rc was just released. Please check with the latest build, and let us know how that works for you
Status -> NEEDINFO
(Please change status back to UNCONFIRMED after you've tested the build out. Thanks!)
Today I tried this on a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro with 4.1.1RC1 on another system.
The OS UI language is English, but the OS locale is set to Slovenian.
All other open-source programs use Slovenian in installation process, if available. Also, LO used Slovenian during install.
Again Slovenian dictionary was not checked, neither was Slovenian UI language.
During install I manually picked both Slovenian dictionaries and UI language.
The installed software started in English and I had to change UI language manually to Slovenian in the LO settings' GUI.
(In reply to miles from comment #3)
> Today I tried this on a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro with 4.1.1RC1 on
> another system.
Thank you for the testing. In general, please let someone else confirm your bugs. That way we can use developer time most efficiently.
Status -> (back to) UNCONFIRMED
I could not reproduce this.
Tried with setting Format: to Slovenian in Region and Language settings (Windows 7, 64-bit, English UI), then reinstalling LibreOffice 5.1.2 (so it's definitely not a fresh installation).
These are the components checked by default for me:
languages: angleski (3 different ones), slovenski
dictionaries: angleski, francoski, slovenski, spanski
(apologies for the missing accents)
Side note: in Hungarian install, German is included among dictionaries by default, but not in Slovenian install, is that intended? Neither in English install, by the way.
miles: what is your experience with 5.1?
Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED, if the problem persists. Change to RESOLVED WORKSFORME, if the problem went away.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker