Bug 88304 - Installer on Win7 in Slovenian not showing sl-SI dictionaries/UI translations checked
Summary: Installer on Win7 in Slovenian not showing sl-SI dictionaries/UI translations...
Status: RESOLVED INSUFFICIENTDATA
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Localization (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.4.0.1 rc
Hardware: All Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-01-11 22:15 UTC by Martin Srebotnjak
Modified: 2016-12-07 12:33 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Martin Srebotnjak 2015-01-11 22:15:37 UTC
Hi, installed 4.4.0RC1 on Windows 7 on a 64-bit machine as a fresh install.

The installer opened in Slovenian interface, so it noticed the system settings.

But in the installation settings neither Slovenian UI nor Slovenian dictionary were checked - if I hadn't checked these would just not install.
Comment 1 Andras Timar 2015-01-20 10:11:37 UTC
I cannot confirm this bug. On Windows 7 64-bit I set Slovenian (Slovenia) at Control Panel - Region and Language - Formats tab - Format. Then I started LibreOffice 4.4.0.1 installer, which was in Slovenian, and Slovenian UI and dictionary was selected.
Comment 2 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-01-24 10:53:23 UTC
(In reply to miles from comment #0)
> But in the installation settings neither Slovenian UI nor Slovenian
> dictionary were checked - if I hadn't checked these would just not install.

Hi Miles,
LO 4.4.0.3 rc was just released. Please check with the latest build, and let us know how that works for you
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/win/x86/

Status -> NEEDINFO

(Please change status back to UNCONFIRMED after you've tested the build out. Thanks!)
Comment 3 Martin Srebotnjak 2015-02-12 22:57:07 UTC
Today I tried this on a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro with 4.1.1RC1 on another system.

The OS UI language is English, but the OS locale is set to Slovenian.

All other open-source programs use Slovenian in installation process, if available. Also, LO used Slovenian during install.

Again Slovenian dictionary was not checked, neither was Slovenian UI language.

During install I manually picked both Slovenian dictionaries and UI language.

The installed software started in English and I had to change UI language manually to Slovenian in the LO settings' GUI.
Comment 4 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-02-12 23:06:30 UTC
(In reply to miles from comment #3)
> Today I tried this on a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro with 4.1.1RC1 on
> another system.
> 

Thank you for the testing. In general, please let someone else confirm your bugs. That way we can use developer time most efficiently.

Status -> (back to) UNCONFIRMED
Comment 5 Aron Budea 2016-05-06 14:12:51 UTC
I could not reproduce this.
Tried with setting Format: to Slovenian in Region and Language settings (Windows 7, 64-bit, English UI), then reinstalling LibreOffice 5.1.2 (so it's definitely not a fresh installation).

These are the components checked by default for me:
languages: angleski (3 different ones), slovenski
dictionaries: angleski, francoski, slovenski, spanski
(apologies for the missing accents)

Side note: in Hungarian install, German is included among dictionaries by default, but not in Slovenian install, is that intended? Neither in English install, by the way.
Comment 6 Buovjaga 2016-05-12 11:41:02 UTC
miles: what is your experience with 5.1?

Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED, if the problem persists. Change to RESOLVED WORKSFORME, if the problem went away.
Comment 7 QA Administrators 2016-11-08 12:29:29 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 QA Administrators 2016-12-07 12:33:01 UTC
Dear Bug Submitter,

Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.

Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):

a) Provide details of your system including your operating
   system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
   confirmed the bug to be present

b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better

c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem

d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help

e) Read all comments and provide any requested information

Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:

a) respond via email 

b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
   on the top section of our bug tracker

Warm Regards,
QA Team

MassPing-NeedInfo-20161207