Bug 89368 - Provide way to install zip files with icon themes
Summary: Provide way to install zip files with icon themes
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 110742
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: UI (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
3.3.0 release
Hardware: All All
: low enhancement
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-02-13 18:27 UTC by Marcelo Ruiz
Modified: 2017-10-23 22:23 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:
Regression By:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Marcelo Ruiz 2015-02-13 18:27:53 UTC
LibreOffice should be able to allow users to install theme zip files or at least recognize theme files added to the default theme directory. This will allow users to, for example, use lighter versions of icons that work better with dark themes without replacing/renaming existing files.
Comment 1 Jean-Baptiste Faure 2015-02-14 13:24:17 UTC
Did you try to add a zipfile here: <install_dir>/share/config ?

That said, I think that the right answer here is: use extensions.

Set status to NEEDINFO? Please set it back to UNCONFIRMED once you have provided requested informations.

Best regards. JBF
Comment 2 Marcelo Ruiz 2015-02-15 07:20:21 UTC
Yes, I tried adding a zip file to <install_dir>/share/config and it's not working (that's why I created the bug report).
Can you elaborate on using extensions?
Thanks!
Comment 3 Jean-Baptiste Faure 2015-02-15 09:11:18 UTC
(In reply to Marcelo Ruiz from comment #2)
> Yes, I tried adding a zip file to <install_dir>/share/config and it's not
> working (that's why I created the bug report).

Ok. Thank you.

> Can you elaborate on using extensions?

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Extension

Best regards. JBF
Comment 4 Regina Henschel 2015-02-18 20:20:05 UTC
(In reply to Marcelo Ruiz from comment #2)
> Yes, I tried adding a zip file to <install_dir>/share/config and it's not
> working (that's why I created the bug report).

Please note, that the filename itself has to follow the special syntax
images_nnn, where nnn is the name, which will be shown later in the drop-down menu.

Please note, that the images themselves will be found by their filename and path, and therefore this must be identical compared to the bundled image files.

Please note, that you have to restart LibreOffice to get the new image container recognized.
Comment 5 Marcelo Ruiz 2015-02-18 22:58:48 UTC
Hi Reggina, thanks for your message. 
Unfortunatelly I already tried to copy images_tango.zip to a different folder, change its name to images_tango2.zip and put the renamed file back in the "/usr/share/libreoffice/share/config" folder with LibreOffice off. After starting LibreOffice tango2 is not listed as a theme. :(
Comment 6 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-02-19 00:19:31 UTC
(In reply to Regina Henschel from comment #4)
> (In reply to Marcelo Ruiz from comment #2)
> > Yes, I tried adding a zip file to <install_dir>/share/config and it's not
> > working (that's why I created the bug report).
> 
> Please note, that the filename itself has to follow the special syntax
> images_nnn, where nnn is the name, which will be shown later in the
> drop-down menu.
> 
> Please note, that the images themselves will be found by their filename and
> path, and therefore this must be identical compared to the bundled image
> files.
> 
> Please note, that you have to restart LibreOffice to get the new image
> container recognized.

Do we have docs on this? Maybe a page on the wiki?
Comment 7 tommy27 2015-06-16 20:16:52 UTC
(In reply to Marcelo Ruiz from comment #5)
> Hi Reggina, thanks for your message. 
> Unfortunatelly I already tried to copy images_tango.zip to a different
> folder, change its name to images_tango2.zip and put the renamed file back
> in the "/usr/share/libreoffice/share/config" folder with LibreOffice off.
> After starting LibreOffice tango2 is not listed as a theme. :(

as far as I know  you cannot add icon themes with different names than the default themes.

the only thing you can do is to replace the original "images_tango.zip" theme with your custom tango theme and still use the same name
Comment 8 Marcelo Ruiz 2015-06-17 17:17:05 UTC
(In reply to tommy27 from comment #7)

> as far as I know  you cannot add icon themes with different names than the
> default themes.
> 
> the only thing you can do is to replace the original "images_tango.zip"
> theme with your custom tango theme and still use the same name

Yes, I know I can do that but it's just a workaround. If I later decide to change my desktop theme then I need to find the file and rename it again.
Ideally LibreOffice should read the contents of that directory and populate the dropbox with its contents, or provide a way to install cursor themes from a zip file (the only thing it need to do is copy the file to the right location and register the new theme).

Why is this bug still unconfirmed?
Comment 9 tommy27 2015-06-17 18:59:51 UTC
ok, that's an enhancement request. status NEW
Comment 10 tommy27 2015-06-17 19:39:25 UTC
another workaround is to call your custom zip theme as images_classic.zip

the classic theme from OOo is not shipped anymore in LibO but it's still hardcoded somewhere so you can still use it's name for your own custom theme
Comment 11 Maxim Monastirsky 2017-10-23 22:23:53 UTC

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 110742 ***