I just updated my LibreOffice from version LibreOffice_4.2.8_Win_x86 to LibreOffice_4.3.6_Win_x86.
As always, I chose the advanced options to make sure that my language's interface and spellchecker language (gd, Scottish Gaelic) were both selected.
I edited a document, no spell checking available. So, I ran the installer again and picked "Modify" to add the missing dictionary. It had already been selected, but I ran the process anyway.
Still, no spell checker, so I had a look at the extensions and it was indeed missing. I had to manually grab and install it from
I modified my LO 5.1.2 installation, and added Scottish Gaelic dictionary, but in Writer/Calc spell checker Scottish Gaelic still did not appear among the available languages.
Note to LO team: LO 5.1.2 comes with hunspell-gd v2.8, latest version is v2.9.
Actually 3.1 by now :D
Nice! Something is weird on the extension page, though. If I access it now, it says 2.9 is the latest from almost two years ago. But if I google it, and open the cached version of the page, it says 3.1 is the latest from a few weeks ago.
Dunno, the https link seems to point at odd version, the layout is really scrambled in Fx
Whereas googling gets you to the http version of the page which seems fine
Though I see 3.1 on both. <shrugs> the extension site is probably the one thing where OO remains way better than LO, I find the LO site really clunky and user unfriendly.
Fixed and updated the dictionary to 3.1 on master branch.
Will backport to LO 5.1 once I can actually test the install working, presumably when LO 5.2 beta is out.
With that commit this should work fine in 5.2.
Since there's only going to be one more update to the 5.1 version after 5.1.5, I decided against backporting.