Created attachment 115075 [details]
odt file which can't be displayed with Writer
On opening old odf files I've created back in 2007 with OO.org 2.3, the first page is displayed, but on scrolling to the 2nd or 3rd page, Writer freezes and only displayes a white page.
I've to kill the process. I tried several files from 2007 - all with the same result.
Please find an example ODF file attached and the PDF file showing how it should look like (created in 2007 with OO.org 2.3 PDF export)
Created attachment 115076 [details]
PDF file showing how it should look like
I can confirm with Version: 126.96.36.199.alpha1+
Build ID: 636c5a63d67b52b0d2f9f21a863c45eca6ac9ff7
TinderBox: Win-x86@42, Branch:master, Time: 2015-04-21_23:00:42
Works OK in Linux Version: 188.8.131.52.alpha1+
Build ID: badec7478035008f514e0976a94438fe2e32dc40
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@46-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2015-04-22_01:28:24
To be more specific:
The file was created with OpenOffice.org 2.3 (680m5 Build-9221) on FreeBSD
I also tried opening the file with the Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows.
It opens the file (but the layout is mangled).
It also works with OO.org 3.0.1 on FreeBSD.
I guess it is related to the font used in the Document. When I change the font to "Courier New" in OO.org 3.0.1 and save the document, it can be opened with LibreOffice on Windows.
Works OK with Verze: 184.108.40.206
ID build: 48d50dbfc06349262c9d50868e5c1f630a573ebd
in last week's master build on Windows, it does not hang for me
but the document looks indeed quite mangled, and using a different
font fixes that
on Linux however current master / 4.4 / 4.3.7 / 4.2.8 all
display it properly
presumably it's a Windows specific font handling problem - font
rendering has platform specific backends
*** Bug 93743 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
It can be solved with adding font change from "Courier" to "Courier New" in Tools-Options-Fonts. But, Bug 64509 looks like a real solution.
Although, I don't undestand why it wasn't a problem in 4.3.7.
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (bibisectRequest)
Courier problem is fixed now
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 98989 ***