Bug Hunting Session
Bug 93673 - Formulas with dates don’t work any more (since 4.4.3)
Summary: Formulas with dates don’t work any more (since 4.4.3)
Status: CLOSED DUPLICATE of bug 91453
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Calc (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
4.4.3.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Windows (All)
: medium normal
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords: bibisectRequest, regression
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-08-26 08:10 UTC by libreoffice.20.geckoespresso
Modified: 2015-12-17 10:31 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Time sheet (German) (90.18 KB, application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet)
2015-08-26 08:10 UTC, libreoffice.20.geckoespresso
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description libreoffice.20.geckoespresso 2015-08-26 08:10:00 UTC
Created attachment 118187 [details]
Time sheet (German)

In the attached spreadsheet (a time sheet), I use the following formula to sum up time values depending on the current date:

F2: {=SUM(($B$4:$B$368<=TODAY())*$F$4:$F$368)}

Column B contains dates, Column F times.

Starting with version 4.4.3, the formula resolves to #VALUE!, the status message telling me “Error: Wrong data type”.

The document is German, but I marked some fields (times) which you can edit in orange. As soon as one line is filled with values, all cells in row 2 should display proper values.

I checked that this happens only in versions 4.4.3 and above (currently 5.0.0). 4.4.2 and below worked fine.

Hopefully you accept this as a bug, since it renders several of my spreadsheets useless. On Windows I could stay at version 4.4.2 if necessary, but with prepackaged Linux distributions, I will run into serious trouble soon…

Thanks for your help.
Comment 1 raal 2015-08-26 12:14:22 UTC
Reproducible with Verze: 5.0.0.5
ID sestavení: 1b1a90865e348b492231e1c451437d7a15bb262b

Works with version 4.0, regression
Comment 2 GerardF 2015-08-26 13:51:34 UTC
This is by design (so not abug), see https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42481
Especially comment 18.

If you want empty strings treated as 0, you need to change the settings in:
Tools > Options > LO Calc, Formula.
Detailed calculation settings.
Comment 3 GerardF 2015-08-26 13:57:12 UTC
(In reply to GerardF from comment #2)
> This is by design (so not abug), see
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42481
> Especially comment 18.
> 
> If you want empty strings treated as 0, you need to change the settings in:
> Tools > Options > LO Calc, Formula.
> Detailed calculation settings.

Let this open, I change the settings and still obtain #VALUE! :(
Comment 4 GerardF 2015-08-26 13:58:29 UTC
(In reply to GerardF from comment #2)
> This is by design (so not abug), see
> https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=42481
> Especially comment 18.
> 
> If you want empty strings treated as 0, you need to change the settings in:
> Tools > Options > LO Calc, Formula.
> Detailed calculation settings.

Let this open, I change the settings and still obtain #VALUE! :(
Comment 5 libreoffice.20.geckoespresso 2015-08-26 14:02:47 UTC
(In reply to GerardF from comment #3)
> Let this open, I change the settings and still obtain #VALUE! :(

Yes, I have the mentioned setting active.

As I wrote, it worked until 4.4.2 without changing any settings or file contents.
Comment 6 Eike Rathke 2015-08-31 18:51:10 UTC
This is calculating with strings within an array/matrix formula.

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 91453 ***
Comment 7 Robinson Tryon (qubit) 2015-12-17 10:31:41 UTC
Migrating Whiteboard tags to Keywords: (bibisectRequest)
[NinjaEdit]