Problem Deescription : When trying to open .ODT files from Google Drive using LibreOffice Viewer, the viewer fails to start/display the document. Clearing the viewer's application cache resolves this problem and the viewer is then able to open documents from drive.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Google drive on the Android phone.
2. Select a document and open it using LibreOffice Viewer.
3. Repeat this process for some documents. After some documents have been opened when we attempt to open any new documents LibreOffice Viewer fails to start/display the document.
4. Open device settings -> Application. Choose LibreOfficeViewer from the list.
5. Tap on Clear Cache button to clear the application cache.
6. Go back to Google drive and repeat step 2. The document now open successfully.
7. However steps 4-6 should be performed repeatedly after some number of documents are opened.
8. It has been observed that this behavior starts manifesting when the cache size is greater-or-equal to 64 KB.
Expected behavior: LibreOffice Viewer should be able to seamlessly open files from Google Drive.
Actual behavior : Requeires repeated cache clenup in order to open documents from drive. This is not acceptable since it is not obvious to go and clear application cache data to get the viewer working. There are numerous comments on the playstore highlighting this behavior.
Build Date and Hardware Information:
Build date : From Playstore (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.documentfoundation.libreoffice&hl=en).
Hardware details :
Android version 5.0.2 (Lollypop).
Kernel version : 3.4.42-g48d3b85
I can not confirm with dev version: 220.127.116.11.alpha1+ , Build ID: 512b782.
Cache 720 kB, I tried to open about 10 documents.
problem only occurs on subsequent launches of the viewer, not when first installed or launched, I got a workaround... expect a new version of the apk within the next two days.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 93281 ***