Bug Hunting Session
Bug 94769 - LibreOffice 5 display is impossible to use menus or buttons.
Summary: LibreOffice 5 display is impossible to use menus or buttons.
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 89613
Alias: None
Product: LibreOffice
Classification: Unclassified
Component: graphics stack (show other bugs)
Version:
(earliest affected)
5.0.2.2 release
Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64) Linux (All)
: medium major
Assignee: Not Assigned
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-10-04 23:53 UTC by Robin
Modified: 2015-10-05 23:57 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Crash report or crash signature:


Attachments
Screen Capture of error with drop down menu. (1.48 MB, image/png)
2015-10-04 23:53 UTC, Robin
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Robin 2015-10-04 23:53:04 UTC
Created attachment 119287 [details]
Screen Capture of error with drop down menu.

Issues with the display on Fedora 22 KDE fully updated as of this afternoon.

See attached screen capture.

This affects menus as well as shown in the attachment.

After some time, parts of the screen GUI are usable but just barely.  This happened on 5.0.X earlier release as well and why I updated.

I have not had any UI issues with any other programs I have opened since I did the latest updates.

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RS780L [Radeon 3000]

KDE 5.14

Fedora 22

Kernel

4.1.8-200.fc22.x86_64

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.17.2-2.fc22.2.x86_64

I think it is severe due to the fact that most times, there are no menu buttons visible nor the font selection options making LibreOffice useless to attempt to get any work completed.
Comment 1 Maxim Monastirsky 2015-10-05 19:58:08 UTC
It's caused by KDE3 libs that present on your system. Either uninstall them, or alternatively uninstall the libobasis5.0-kde-integration package (that comes with LO).

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 89613 ***
Comment 2 Robin 2015-10-05 23:57:02 UTC
Thank you.

New install shouldn't have had kde3 libs but you were correct.  I have removed them.

All is well.