Created attachment 122085 [details]
Calc spreadsheet to collect and crunch sump pump runtime data
Two columns (B and C)are affected, which have no formulas and are formatted for time entries in the form of HH:MM:SS. Maybe 20% of entries, upon entry of the second colon character, the previous characters are deleted and the first is changed to a different font and is bold. Entry of HH:MM:SS is not possible. Formulas in dependent cells display "#VALUE!"
To resolve the issue and continue work, I built the same spreadsheet in MS Excel (oh the shame). Of course, no problem there. To attempt a work around to enable using LibreOffice Calc, I loaded the Excel file into LibreOffice. The same problem occurred again.
Can you please give reproducible steps as to what we should do with this sheet? Tell us *exactly* step by step what we are looking for/changing/observing.
Pushing to NEEDINFO as we need better reproducible steps.
Once you provide better steps please set to UNCONFIRMED.
Also please include your OS and version of LibreOffice in the comment. Thanks
I currently have this problem in 220.127.116.11, win10, happened on last version my computer had as well. A workaround that seems to work, as it seems random, is to copy a cell with the correct format, then just edit the numbers. Today I was trying to enter 2:10:44 and after the 10, hitting : caused it to drop back to just the 2. I copied an entry from a few days ago for 1:14:xx (I forget off hand) and just changed it to 2:10:44 in the edit bar, and it was fine. I just tried opening a black spreadsheet, typed 2:10 and then hitting : again caused the bug. (The file that had the valid data time format that I can copy/edit was on my old linux machine, though new files are affected by this bug for me, as well as editing the old files in new cells.)
Sounds like the Emoji bug, disable AutoCorrect option.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 97191 ***