When copying a field text value down the column and also when using Vlookup, a number value increments incorrectly.
In the case of a text field name, I used Orgs-02-04 as a value to drag/copy down the column and the value 04 incremented by one each time in the next field.
In the case of VLookup, I created an array of A2:B244 and when dragging down the field to replicate the function, the A_ incremented each time to the next number so the lookup didn't work for most fields as the "array" it was looking in often didn't have that particular row
Thank you for filing the bug. Please send us a sample document, as this makes it easier for us to verify the bug.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO', so please do change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once you have attached a document.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.)
How can I eliminate confidential data from a sample document?
Created attachment 122448 [details]
2 spreadsheets one is the array and the other the data field to find
the spreadsheets showing the VLOOKUP error are attached; I do not have the spreadsheet where I attempted to copy the Field data down through the 1st column
I did not attempt any other Fx's or other items in which the error occurred so I don't know if this type of "incrementing" is found elsewhere
I am on Libre 184.108.40.206 and Win 10
(In reply to John from comment #2)
> Created attachment 122448 [details]
> 2 spreadsheets one is the array and the other the data field to find
It seems you forgot to attach the other file.
Created attachment 122537 [details]
other spreadsheet used in VLOOKUP as the array
I can reproduce the incrementing of both values in A2:B244
We should be able to not increment by using the fill handle while pressing Ctrl. However, I get the incrementing regardless.
I'm not sure of what to do with this, so adding needAdvice.
Win 7 Pro 64-bit Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha0+
Build ID: a6f876d45bd4e41a7143594a6cb11b6893a0f620
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Windows 6.1; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Win-x86@39, Branch:master, Time: 2016-02-11_00:07:38
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI)
Please provide a clearer set of step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem with the VLOOKUP.
In my experience the increment is the expected behavior unless you use $ before the row numbers.
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested information is provided.
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker