Created attachment 124469 [details]
MS Office has a Sidebar to recover auto-saved document
I usually don't close and exit document applicationss which should be closed by the OS on the shutdown process.
But libreoffice writer/calc always annoy me with document recovery for already saved document.
How to Reproduce:
1. create a document/spreadsheet
2. save the document/calc after some time
3. restart the OS (linux)
4. start libreoffice writer or calc
5. it will prompt us to recover the already saved document, and this is annoying.
Also the auto-recovery dialog is aggressively intrusive and disturbs the thought current or quick creation of a document. The auto-recovery dialog won't let us be productive right away.
1. Please, don't try to recover files which were saved by user already.
2. try not to block and delay the work by throwing auto-recovery dialog on launching writer or calc, etc. instead a sidebar for recovery like in ms office would be good.
Not confirming but prioritizing correctly.
Trivial - not really going to hurt the creation of professional quality work;
Lowest - defautl
Again, not confirming as I can't restart right now.
Unconfirmed with v188.8.131.52 under ubuntu 16.04 x64.
What it actually does over here (when for example start writer), is auto load the previous documents. Dunno if this is a feature ?
There was a bug which changes the document state to "modified" after a few seconds. And I believe it was fixed. Please double-check with an up-to-date release.
Given that you are only presented a recovery dialog when there are files that haven't saved, the dialog itself is the LibO way to show deal with the unwanted event. So moving things to the sidebar is needless effort.
Closing now, feel free to reopen when you have additional information.