Created attachment 124631 [details]
two-page document with big X, saved from LO
I got a two-page-long report in a docx document from a colleague of mine which had been created by Microsoft Office. The document contains a huge red X log on the opening page.
If I open it in LO then the document zoom factor is 45% and the two pages are displayed besides each other. In this case the red X appears on both pages, a bit more precisely, it overflows from the left page to the right one.
If I change the zoom factor to 50% then the pages don't fit besides each other so the second page will go under the first one. This is fine. However, in this case the red X is displayed only on the first page.
This is quite a contradiction, I don't think the displayed elements should depend on the zoom factor.
As much as I know, the intended behaviour is to display the big X on the first page only.
I removed every textual content from the document with LO and saved back in docx. See the docx attachment. It still produces the symptom, as you can see from the two png screenshots.
If the issue is not reproducable on other computers with the docx saved from LO then I can upload the original MSO-saved docx as well.
Created attachment 124632 [details]
big X logo on both pages
Created attachment 124633 [details]
big X logo on first page only
Arch Linux 64-bit, KDE Plasma 5
Build ID: 540fee2dc7553152914f7f1d8a41921e765087ef
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Linux 4.5; UI Render: default;
Locale: fi-FI (fi_FI.UTF-8)
Built on April 30th 2016
Repdorucable in Windows 7, too.
It seems the behavior was the same since the feature's introduction:
-no X shown in v184.108.40.206
-X is there in v220.127.116.11 with further graphical glitches,
-looks the same as now since v18.104.22.168.
I checked this right now on a Mac with the following LO version:
Build ID: f99d75f39f1c57ebdd7ffc5f42867c12031db97a
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8)
The bug is still there.
- in Single Page View the big red X is displayed only on the first page (which is the expected behaviour)
- in Multi-page View,
- if the zoom factor makes the pages to appear under each other then the X is displayed only on the first page
- if the pages fit besides each other then the X is displayed on both pages.
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
I tried it at my workplace with the currrently installed LO on a Mac. It seems to work fine.
Build ID: 9b0d9b32d5dcda91d2f1a96dc04c645c450872bf
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.11.6; UI render: default;
Locale: en-US (en.UTF-8); Calc: group
Within a day I will check it on my home computer as well. After that I wioll set the Status accordingly.
I checked in my LO at home as well:
Version: 22.214.171.124 (x64)
Build ID: 60bfb1526849283ce2491346ed2aa51c465abfe6
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
Locale: hu-HU (hu_HU); Calc: group
It works without any issues.
I think the bug can be closed.
Thank you, whoever fixed it. :)