Created attachment 124634 [details]
Test case: page-break-before on paragraph after table
The attached document has a table, immediately followed by a paragraph which is set to have a page break before it.
(Right click -> "Paragraph" -> "Text Flow" tab -> "Breaks")
When saving this file to docx format, a file is produced which Microsoft Word cannot open. I think this is because a text run <w:r> containing a page break is inserted as a child of the body element <w:body>, but text run elements are not allowed there.
Steps to reproduce:
1) in LibreOffice open the attached pagebreakaftertable.odt
2) save as .docx, close
3) try to open the docx file in Microsoft Word - fails with "Unspecified error" in /word/document.xml
4) try to open the docx file in LibreOffice: it actually opens but note that the page break has been lost
Created attachment 124727 [details]
.odt with table and paragraph with page-break-before
I am setting status NEW and keywords regression, bisected.
As Luke's attachment is a .docx, I created the attached
dbgutil_20160427.odt. In each version under test, I did...
(1) Open dbgutil_20160427.odt from the command line.
(2) Save as Microsoft Word 2006-2013 XML (.docx)
(3) Close the documemnt.
(4) In Start Center, take menu options File > "Recent Documents" and
open the just-saved .docx.
Working in the 43max bibisect repository, I have reached ...
7c61549622652f6e098fd66456c2d98efeff27fa is the first bad commit
Author: Matthew Francis <email@example.com>
Date: Thu May 28 19:31:39 2015 +0800
Author: Pallavi Jadhav <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Thu Feb 6 13:58:03 2014 +0530
Commit: Miklos Vajna <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Wed Feb 26 10:50:08 2014 +0100
fdo#74566:DOCX: Preservation <w:br> tag for Break to Next Page
'Break to Next Page' gets converted to 'Page Break Before'
XML diffrenece :
- LO exports <w:br> as <w:pageBreakBefore /> in document.xml
- The page break is written into wrong paragraph.
1] Removed implementation to export <w:pageBreakBefore />.
2] Added a check to write <w:br> in correct paragraph.
3] Modified code to handle SectionBreak() even if Text node
has no string.
It is required when DOCX contains a PageBreak with footer.
4] Written Export Unit Test case.
Bugzilla search shows several possible dups or near misses. I am
arbitrarily choosing to confirm this report.
the commit early 2014 makes it good to set 4.3 as first affected version
broken in 5.1.4
Works for me - 5.3 and 5.1.5
Almost certainly fixed by bug 99090 since a bibisect of when the bug was fixed falls into that range.