Using Impress on OS X text dances around while typing.
Steps to reproduce:
(1) Open Impress presentation
(2) Select text box and align text left
(3) Type some text, e.g. "This is a test This is a test This is a test"
Issue is very anoying when creating presentations with Impress. Issue is not visible with Writer and Calc.
On Windows 10 Pro 64-bit en-US with
Version: 184.108.40.206 (x64)
Build ID: 644e4637d1d8544fd9f56425bd6cec110e49301b
CPU Threads: 8; OS Version: Windows 6.19; UI Render: GL;
Locale: en-US (en_US)
Can not reproduce on Windows builds, neither with nor without OpenGL rendering enabled.
Also, "...text dances around while typing." is a rather vague description.
Need some details though:
1. what font is selected and being entered while typing?
2. does it affect a text box just a single line, or is it on multiline text boxes as well?
Issue seems to exist on OS X only, it is no issue on Linux too. Spacing between characters as well as between words changes while typing.
Font is Liberation Sans, but issue occurs with other fonts too. Spacing changes with single line text as well as with multi line text and with or without trailing spaces.
Build ID: d3bf12ecb743fc0d20e0be0c58ca359301eb705f
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.4; UI Render: default;
Locale: en-US (en.UTF-8)
Issue has disappeared with new Harfbuzz common layout engine using current master.