This is a major UI breakage/annoyance.
1. Configure auto-save to the lowest value (1 minute, I believe).
2. Open or author a document that is larger than the viewable window.
3. Put the cursor at the beginning of the document, and press the space bar (so there's an edit it will auto-save).
4. Scroll to the end of the document using the mouse and the scroll bar.
5. Wait until the auto-save interval.
The document should auto-save and whatever was on screen remains as-is.
The document auto-saves, AND ALSO scrolls to where the cursor is. This is almost NEVER desired behavior. In fact, I can't think of any time I would want it to do that.
Duplicate of bug 95797 which has been fixed--available with 5.2.0
tdf#95797: Don't jump to the cursor position after auto-save.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 95797 ***