Created attachment 126481 [details]
1) Open attached document created in Calligra Flow
2) Notice that in the layer tab bar the default Layout, Controls, Dimension Lines layer are shown rather than the actual ones - Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3.
The relevant xml code is
<draw:layer draw:name="Layer 1" />
<draw:layer draw:name="Layer 2" />
<draw:layer draw:name="Layer 3" />
<draw:ellipse ... draw:layer="Layer 1" ... >
<draw:path ... draw:layer="Layer 2" ... >
<draw:path ... draw:layer="Layer 3" ... >
Build ID: d2e4753c3f511cfc6b2932ce60d0bc2e09296f9f
CPU Threads: 2; OS Version: Linux 3.19; UI Render: default;
TinderBox: Linux-rpm_deb-x86_64@70-TDF, Branch:master, Time: 2016-07-26_17:32:37
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group
Yes, the import filter parses the multiple draw:layer into our default single draw:layer=Layout and loses the names of the source layers, as well as the draw:id
Probably not ideal handling for the import filter to be changing attributes.
And certainly disrupts things for interoperability on round trip for these ODF Drawings.
So i did some more digging and see that LO isnt importing the <draw:layer-set> because its a child element of <draw:page>, which according to the ODF spec is valid.
"The <draw:layer-set> element defines a set of layers. If placed inside a <style:master-page> or <draw:page> element it defines a set of layers for that page. If placed inside the <office:master-styles> element it defines a set of layers for all pages that do not have their own set of layers."
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present on a currently supported version of LibreOffice
(5.4.1 or 5.3.6 https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the version of LibreOffice and
your operating system, and any changes you see in the bug behavior
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave
a short comment that includes your version of LibreOffice and Operating System
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3)
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to "inherited from OOo";
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add "regression" to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
The problem still exists in Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha0+
Build ID: 4c99b8a9de59f3c5280ff2944d9f828822897f4a
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.1; UI render: default;
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); Calc: group
On Hackfest Hamburg, April 2018, we decided to solve this as part of a larger project to improve the handling and internal structure of layers. I guess the fix will need at least a half year to be done.
Dear Regina Henschel,
This bug has been in ASSIGNED status for more than 3 months without any
activity. Resetting it to NEW.
Please assigned it back to yourself if you're still working on this.
Yes, I'm still working on it. Armin reviews my work, but he is currently very busy with all the regressions, therefore progress is slow.
The solution for this issue needs large changes in core.
As far as I know, Calligra Karbon is yet the only application, which produces such documents. Karbon can only handle documents with one page. So I will propose a solution, which imports the Karbon layers as global layers in LibreOffice. That is no interoperability problem, because Karbon can import all global layers and makes them to page layers.
That is a small solution, more a "workaround". When there will be a solution that implements full page and master page layer-set support, this part can be easily reverted. But until then it will provide a use-able document exchange with Karbon.
Regina Henschel committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#101218 Import layer-set from page
It will be available in 6.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
This commit fixes the reported import problem with files created by Karbon.
General support for layer-sets for pages and master-pages has no benefit in the moment. The development effort would be high. Such support would be a new feature. Therefor I set the bug to enhancement on low priority. I'm not going work on such feature.