After fixing this bug https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=90999 opening large SpreadsheetML takes a very long time and causes an "General input/output error"
Steps to Reproduce:
To reproduce just try to open attached file
In my case:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
opening takes more than 60 seconds and causes an "General input/output error"
File should open quickly
User Profile Reset: Yes
After some research I solved this problem and now opening takes only 5 seconds
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Created attachment 128316 [details]
Created attachment 128317 [details]
Decrease SpreadsheetML import time to prevent "General input/output error"
Thanks for filing & the patch. I confirm the issue in a recent daily build.
For the patch: it's the preferred way to do that via gerrit.
Would that be possible?
ciao - Cor
Build ID: 8974b0fafb18f9dd3f2c0e175a3255b80e4c249e
CPU Threads: 4; OS Version: Linux 4.2; UI Render: default;
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8); Calc: group
but not in
Build ID: 0db96caf0fcce09b87621c11b584a6d81cc7df86
Locale: ca-ES (ca_ES.UTF-8)
thus, this is a regression.
@RoMan, Could you please submit the patch to gerrit so it can be reviewed by a core developer? You just need to follow this page: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit
I don't have a Gerrit account, could you do that instead of me? Otherwise I will try to do that myself.
No, I'm sorry. that's something you have do it yourself. However, it's quite straightforward and you can do it in a few minutes. In case you have problems or doubts, you can always ask in https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#libreoffice-dev to others developers. They will be happy to help you.
I hope I did it right:
In order to the patch to be accepted, you must accept the license chosen by LO.
(see https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved, search "license").
Anyway, will test the patch as soon as my build from scratch will be complete! :)
On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today, I could reproduce the problem.
I noticed this on console:
warn:uui:8241:1:uui/source/iahndl.cxx:246: replaceMessageWithArguments: No arguments passed!
With the patch, I indeed could open the file!
I noticed this kind of log on console:
warn:legacy.osl:8433:1:xmloff/source/core/xmlerror.cxx:178: An error or a warning has occurred during XML import/export!
Flags: 1 WARNING
Class: 2 FORMAT
Public Identifier: file:///home/julien/lo/bugs/103552_xsltimportxml/Large_SpreadsheetML.xls
System Identifier: file:///home/julien/lo/bugs/103552_xsltimportxml/Large_SpreadsheetML.xls
Row, Column: 2,380226
But that's perhaps another story.
I sent licence statement:
I submitted to review the patch for 5.2 branch, see https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30458/
BTW, I added "tdf#103552" so when the patch is pushed, it'll automatically update bugtracker (with a new target for 5.2 branch).
Шиповський Роман committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "libreoffice-5-2":
tdf#103552: Decrease SpreadsheetML import time to prevent "General input/output error"
It will be available in 5.2.4.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
Thank you for your contribution, Роман! =)