This file doesn't display the same in Windows and Linux with the new Layout Engine:
It uses two different fonts: Yu Gothic UI Light fronm Windows and KanjiStrokeOrders.
As you can see on the screenshots, what renders OK in one page in Linux takes more space in Windows.
Steps to Reproduce:
Open the file in different OS.
Files displays differently.
Files displays the same way.
User Profile Reset: No
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.71 Safari/537.36
Created attachment 128520 [details]
File on Windows
Created attachment 128521 [details]
File on Linux
To get the same layout you need the exact same fonts, if you install the same fonts on both systems, specify them explicitly in the document and still get different results then this is indeed a bug.
There is a document's property to embed the font with the file
Menu/File/Properties - Font
in this way the file can be compared with the same font.
Seems like the fonts were already embedded but that wasn't worked ok, so I tried the following things:
Remove the embedded fonts and open the file in both OS. Result is as in the screenshots I attached before.
Embed the fonts again on one OS and open in the other. Result, again, is as in the screenshot I attached before. By the way, the file size doing this on Windows is about 4.1MB, doing it on Linux 2.3Mb. Weird...
I also tried to remove the Yu Gothic UI Light and KanjiStrokeOrders fonts from Linux. It always uses the substution font even if the proper font was embedded on the file.
I can't do exactly the same test on Windows as Yu Gothic is a system font and I can't remove it, but it uses substitution font for KanjiStrokeOrders.
So, my conclusions are:
- The different layout is indeed an issue.
- The embedding fonts options isn't working as it should, either.
What about plain old copying the fonts and installing them? If you are still getting font fallback (italic font name), then no identical layout can be expected.
If embedded fonts do not work, then this is a different bug and should be reported separately.
(In reply to Khaled Hosny from comment #6)
> What about plain old copying the fonts and installing them? If you are still
> getting font fallback (italic font name), then no identical layout can be
> If embedded fonts do not work, then this is a different bug and should be
> reported separately.
The fonts where already installed from the beggining and available in all the tests sans the last ones. There is a clear difference between what is displayed when the fonts are installed and when not. When the font is installed, it is clear the LibreOffice is using the same font in both OS but adding more space above the chars in Windows. This is exactly the same behaviour as in older versions without the old layout engine.
About embeded fonts not working, yeah, I agree it is a different bug and I have to open it as soon as I can test it a little more.
(In reply to madmalkav from comment #7)
> adding more space above the chars in Windows. This is exactly the same
> behaviour as in older versions without the old layout engine.
OK, so this is a duplicate of bug 55469 then. Can you attach the document shown in the screenshots.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 55469 ***