I just upgraded from LO 5.2.0 to 22.214.171.124 and Writer's AutoCorrect Word Completion list was deleted :(
I had set the AutoCorrect to collect words and now they are all gone.
I recommend preserving the word list during all upgrades, esp. if the user has set it to collect words.
Which operating system are you using?
Set to NEEDINFO.
Change back to UNCONFIRMED after you have provided the information.
The list is stored in the user profile folder, so it should not be deleted.
You did not use a portable version, but the full install?
Yes, full install.
LibO 126.96.36.199 has been released yesterday.
please try upgrading from LibO 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 and tell if issue persists.
remember to backup first the user profile ( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile ) so you won't loose data if bug is still present.
give us feedback about what happens and revert status to UNCONFIRMED if issue is still there or RESOLVED WORKSFORME if bug is gone.
status NEEDINFO until then.
about your Win10, is that a 64 bit version?
any news my fried?
in the meantime 5.2.5 and 5.3.0 have been released.
I can confirm the problem did not happen with the upgrade from
5.2.3 -> 220.127.116.11
The word completion list stayed in place.
I will test again with the upgrade to 5.3
nice to hear that.
let's label it as RESOLVED WORKSFORME
feel free to reopen it if the bugs appears again in next upgrades.
Sorry, spoke too soon (before a reboot).
I upgraded to 18.104.22.168 and the list was there, but when I restarted the machine it was lost.
Anyone else able to test it?
Normally they are stored in the user profile: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Windows
Under "autocorr" folder. Just tested by adding a new autocorrection exception and it popped a acor_fi-FI.dat file there.
The profile should not be deleted upon upgrade, so that is your root problem.
Any idea what is causing it? You are not manually deleting it, right? Or with some kind of "clean unused files" tool?
> Any idea what is causing it?
> You are not manually deleting it, right?
Right (not deleting anything)
> Or with some kind of "clean unused files" tool?
I hope not.
This where my file is:
Not sure what LibreOffice 4 is the directory. I did have LO 4.x installed a while back, but obviously upgraded to version 5.
is date stamped 27/02/2017 8:26PM which is the time of the 5.3 upgrade.
Maybe LO 5.x is looking for a "5" directory and if not there overwrites the file?
(In reply to LostLombard from comment #12)
> This where my file is:
> Not sure what LibreOffice 4 is the directory. I did have LO 4.x installed a
> while back, but obviously upgraded to version 5.
> The file:
> is date stamped 27/02/2017 8:26PM which is the time of the 5.3 upgrade.
> Maybe LO 5.x is looking for a "5" directory and if not there overwrites the
When the version number was bumped to 5, it was decided to not change the profile number to avoid these types of data loss situations. As it is stamped to the time of the upgrade, maybe it is proof the update messed with it somehow.
I couldn't find any similar report in our Bugzilla.
Could you please share the list with us?
I have set the bug's status to 'NEEDINFO'. Please change it back to 'UNCONFIRMED' once the requested document is provided.
(Please note that the attachment will be public, remove any sensitive information before attaching it.
See https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/FAQ#How_can_I_eliminate_confidential_data_from_a_sample_document.3F for help on how to do so.)
Dear Bug Submitter,
This bug has been in NEEDINFO status with no change for at least
6 months. Please provide the requested information as soon as
possible and mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED. Due to regular bug
tracker maintenance, if the bug is still in NEEDINFO status with
no change in 30 days the QA team will close the bug as INSUFFICIENTDATA
due to lack of needed information.
For more information about our NEEDINFO policy please read the
wiki located here:
If you have already provided the requested information, please
mark the bug as UNCONFIRMED so that the QA team knows that the
bug is ready to be confirmed.
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Dear Bug Submitter,
Please read this message in its entirety before proceeding.
Your bug report is being closed as INSUFFICIENTDATA due to inactivity and
a lack of information which is needed in order to accurately
reproduce and confirm the problem. We encourage you to retest
your bug against the latest release. If the issue is still
present in the latest stable release, we need the following
information (please ignore any that you've already provided):
a) Provide details of your system including your operating
system and the latest version of LibreOffice that you have
confirmed the bug to be present
b) Provide easy to reproduce steps – the simpler the better
c) Provide any test case(s) which will help us confirm the problem
d) Provide screenshots of the problem if you think it might help
e) Read all comments and provide any requested information
Once all of this is done, please set the bug back to UNCONFIRMED
and we will attempt to reproduce the issue. Please do not:
a) respond via email
b) update the version field in the bug or any of the other details
on the top section of our bug tracker