I'm uncertain if I tried it after the fix to bug 111908 (possibly not), but now I get no results when calling "soffice --help" from the command line.
Works from Cygwin shell, but not from Windows command line.
Observed using 6.0 daily build from 2017-09-18.
Mike, are you able to reproduce it?
Cannot reproduce with master from tonight; OS is Windows 10 x64. Aron, could you please try debugging it? A codepointer is void displayCmdlineHelp(OUString const & unknown) in desktop/source/app/cmdlinehelp.cxx; supposedly some function in lcl_Console ctor doesn't return success?
Thanks for the code pointer!
What I see in lcl_Console constructor is that this is false:
if (GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE) == nullptr)
If I move into the 'if' in the debugger (set next statement), then it does display the help.
However, it's not correct, because 'soffice --help' returns immediately, so it's not holding an active console to print the text to, it just spews the text out while the user already has the console.
Aron, could you please check https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/42612?
With the current version of the patch, after this line:
HANDLE hOut = GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE);
hOut is 0x00000007, the big 'if' section is skipped and unfortunately nothing is output afterwards with the fprintf call.
Dear Mike Kaganski,
This bug has been in ASSIGNED status for more than 3 months without any
activity. Resetting it to NEW.
Please assigned it back to yourself if you're still working on this.
I wonder why the return value is ERROR_ARENA_TRASHED.
It's really hard to find info on this, not sure if any of these forum threads make sense:
Mike Kaganski committed a patch related to this issue.
It has been pushed to "master":
tdf#112536 related: make soffice.bin a proper console application on Win
It will be available in 6.3.0.
The patch should be included in the daily builds available at
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/ in the next 24-48 hours. More
information about daily builds can be found at:
Affected users are encouraged to test the fix and report feedback.
The fix for this caused Bug 121685. When you have have Settings->Display->Scale=125%, both the UI and content become blurry and hard to read.