1. open attachment
2. notice the arabic diacritics in title text textbox (slanted line the first letter from the right and the circle over the second letter from the right)
3. notice the hebrew diacritics in text frame textbox (the dot in the center of the first letter from the right, that looks like an n)
3. start slide show
4. notice that the letters appear without these diacritics
Build ID: 143c482b3189cb084fbdf5e6f78f15b43f099e24
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 4.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk2;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); Calc: group
Created attachment 137142 [details]
A) When I test it, the letters do have the diacritics in the end -- it's only during the animation that they're missing them. This is in line with the bug title, just not completely clear in the description.
B) At least on my version, the diacritics are missing during the animation also for Latin script (attachment forthcoming -- note the double dots, dieresis, above 'G' and 'e') so this bug may not be an RTL-specific issue
C) However, what is RTL specific is that during the animation, the letters are ordered LTR. It's a bit of on oddity in Hewbrew where letters are not connected, I believe it's quite a mess in connected scripts like Arabic.
Build ID: 1:5.4.1-1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.13; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_IL.UTF-8); Calc: group
Created attachment 137180 [details]
sample including latin script
(In reply to Shai Berger from comment #2)
> B) At least on my version, the diacritics are missing during the animation
> also for Latin script (attachment forthcoming -- note the double dots,
> dieresis, above 'G' and 'e') so this bug may not be an RTL-specific issue
I wouldnt really call those diacritics for latin, as when i tested characters like ë (U+EB) from U+C0 to U+2AF, they worked just fine.
> C) However, what is RTL specific is that during the animation, the letters
> are ordered LTR. It's a bit of on oddity in Hewbrew where letters are not
> connected, I believe it's quite a mess in connected scripts like Arabic.
Yes that is already reported in bug 55361.
(In reply to Yousuf Philips (jay) from comment #4)
> (In reply to Shai Berger from comment #2)
> > B) At least on my version, the diacritics are missing during the animation
> > also for Latin script (attachment forthcoming -- note the double dots,
> > dieresis, above 'G' and 'e') so this bug may not be an RTL-specific issue
> I wouldnt really call those diacritics for latin, as when i tested
> characters like ë (U+EB) from U+C0 to U+2AF, they worked just fine.
There are two ways to represent such letters: You can use the "combined" code point, like U+EB, or you can use the separate code points for a letter and the dieresis (U+A8). As far as I recall, combined code points exist for vowels only, so you couldn't write the G with dieresis this way.
RTL languages happen to have much more diverse use of diacritics than Latin scripts, but the document I attached proves that the problem is not actually RTL related. I believe you'll find Thai, which also uses combining characters heavily, to have the same problem although it's LTR.
Still happens in:
Build ID: 9050854c35c389466923f0224a36572d36cd471a
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.9; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.utf8); Calc: group
OS: Debian 64bit Stretch (Debian 9.2, with some backported packages)
** Please read this message in its entirety before responding **
To make sure we're focusing on the bugs that affect our users today, LibreOffice QA is asking bug reporters and confirmers to retest open, confirmed bugs which have not been touched for over a year.
There have been thousands of bug fixes and commits since anyone checked on this bug report. During that time, it's possible that the bug has been fixed, or the details of the problem have changed. We'd really appreciate your help in getting confirmation that the bug is still present.
If you have time, please do the following:
Test to see if the bug is still present with the latest version of LibreOffice from https://www.libreoffice.org/download/
If the bug is present, please leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
If the bug is NOT present, please set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED-WORKSFORME and leave a comment that includes the information from Help - About LibreOffice.
Please DO NOT
Update the version field
Reply via email (please reply directly on the bug tracker)
Set the bug's Status field to RESOLVED - FIXED (this status has a particular meaning that is not
appropriate in this case)
If you want to do more to help you can test to see if your issue is a REGRESSION. To do so:
1. Download and install oldest version of LibreOffice (usually 3.3 unless your bug pertains to a feature added after 3.3) from http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/
2. Test your bug
3. Leave a comment with your results.
4a. If the bug was present with 3.3 - set version to 'inherited from OOo';
4b. If the bug was not present in 3.3 - add 'regression' to keyword
Feel free to come ask questions or to say hello in our QA chat: https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa
Thank you for helping us make LibreOffice even better for everyone!
Build ID: 1:6.1.3-1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3_kde5;
Locale: en-US (en_IL.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded
(Not sure it's quite the last version, but it's what I have -- it's the current version on Debian testing)
Still happens as described. One more thing I noted now, which I don't see in the descriptions:
Before starting the animation, note in the Arabic text, the diacritic of the letter Meem (a slanted line under the left end of the right-side word). Now start slide show. When the animation ends, other diacritics show up, but this one does not.