My configuration :
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 4 cœurs
Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2 / Kernel Linux 4.4.0-98-generic sur x86_64
Libre Office Version: 184.108.40.206
Build ID: 1:5.1.6~rc2-0ubuntu1~xenial2
Threads CPU : 4; Version de l'OS :Linux 4.4; UI Render : par défaut;
Locale : fr-FR (fr_FR.UTF-8); Calc: group
1. Using my Ubuntu PC, when I want to export a LibreOffice document from Writer (I suppose it is the same from Calc) to pdf (File /Export pdf / Security / no modification allowed and no copy allowed), despite security paramters supposed to avoid copy/past, I am able to copy and paste the text from the pdf.
2. Using a Windows10 PC, doing the same export with the same parameters (and the same document), copy and past is not allowed in the generated pdf. It works !
Conclusion: it seems the security parameters for pdf export in LibreOffice are not active in the Linux "version"
I can confirm with Version: 220.127.116.11.alpha1+ and Version: 18.104.22.168.alpha1+
Build ID: c79467ba954987f1d239c594c1e1b3af3f5515f6
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.4; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-GB (cs_CZ.UTF-8); Calc: group
This does not work in macOS 10.14.0 + LO 22.214.171.124 either.
1. Create document
2. File > Export As > PDF
3. Security, set passwords
4. Choose no changes, no allowance of copying.
6. Open PDF and highlight any text, command-C.
7. Open another document, command-V. The text from step 6 pastes.
Copy protection does not work at all. This is an old bug; it needs to be fixed.