Copying LibO from the DMG to the disk takes quite a long time with LibO6. It's a lot faster with 5.2 and 5.3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download the DMG
2. Drag and drop LibreOffice to the program folder (and monitor the time needed)
Takes 3 or 4 minutes
User Profile Reset: No
Build ID: d2bec56d7865f05a1003dc88449f2b0fdd85309a
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.12.6; UI render: default;
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); Calc: group
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Confirming with LO5442
Cloph. Has there been a change related to the packaging of the MacOS installer between 5.3 and 5.4? Which could cause a signing issue or something like that?
There is a noticeable slowness when copying the installer files to the Programs directory. http://crl.apple.com/root is showing up in the console...
(Bug 114364 might me related to this too.)
Telesto: What is that link in your previous comment supposed to be?
(In reply to Tor Lillqvist from comment #3)
> Telesto: What is that link in your previous comment supposed to be?
No clue... Apple console reports all sorts of stuff while copying LibO to the application directory. For example
20:33:01.504390 +0200 DesktopServicesHelper Received claim <private>
20:33:01.504732 +0200 DesktopServicesHelper Claim F59962AC-B0B0-407D-8D4B-D3EE29232452 granted in server
20:33:01.505016 +0200 DesktopServicesHelper Claim F59962AC-B0B0-407D-8D4B-D3EE29232452 invoked in client
20:33:01.772432 +0200 DesktopServicesHelper Claim F59962AC-B0B0-407D-8D4B-D3EE29232452 was revoked
trustd asynchronously fetching CRL (http://crl.apple.com/root.crl) for client (mdworker)
"Copying the installation files is quite slow" is actually an understatement. It took over 3-4 minutes for me to copy the latest master build to my disk. Using an SSD and not seeing this with any other software. It feels this has gotten worse lately.
(In reply to steve -_- from comment #5)
> "Copying the installation files is quite slow" is actually an
> understatement. It took over 3-4 minutes for me to copy the latest master
> build to my disk. Using an SSD and not seeing this with any other software.
> It feels this has gotten worse lately.
I agree. It's painfully slow. I'm skipping daily builds all together
I just installed 6132 and it took more than 5 minutes to copy the app bundle to the Applications folder (macmini end 2014, 8 Gb RAM)
(In reply to Alex Thurgood from comment #7)
> I just installed 6132 and it took more than 5 minutes to copy the app bundle
> to the Applications folder (macmini end 2014, 8 Gb RAM)
Adding Tor Lillqvist
It is possible that packaging the TDF build in some more up-to-date format (and not as a .dmg) would make the installation speedier. But I wouldn't know. My main interest is the App Store build anyway.
(In reply to Tor Lillqvist from comment #9)
> It is possible that packaging the TDF build in some more up-to-date format
> (and not as a .dmg) would make the installation speedier. But I wouldn't
> know. My main interest is the App Store build anyway.
Another perspective: it *really* discourages installing Alpha/beta builds from TDF. Making group of testers (and maybe users) even smaller. Increasing the risk of a drop the quality of the App Store build in the long run..
Not sure if this has something to do with DMG. It's rather new issue; since LibO 6.0.